Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
My PS-712CDB shredder has never worked. not even once, walmart won't replace
Yeah, these are junk.
I actually have one that blew the control board and is not repairable... but all of my gears and such are perfectly fine.
Anyone want to buy mine? :)
Posted on Jul 18, 2015
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
If I am unsuccessful in locating the replacement gear for my AS1200X, I will joyfully sell you my unit-for parts.
Posted on Feb 24, 2008
I have the sam e problem. I just so happen to be one of those 'fix it myself people.' I disassembled the shredder to find that one of the plastic wheel mechanisms was broken. You know the wheels with grooves in them that is usually found in a clock or watch. The problem is, I don't know where to find a replacement. I doubt that home development stores like Home Depot, Ace Hardware, or Lowe's has it, but I guess I'll have to check. I came across this question while looking for the manufacture of the shredder to order a replacement part. I'll probably just buy a new shredder before it's all said and done.
Posted on Nov 10, 2008
I had the same problem with my Novitech Model: PS-026/B2 only working in reverse but not forward. So I decided to take it apart and see if I could find any loose wires, broken parts etc. Keep in mind I am not a paper shredder mechanic, but I was able to fix it, at least for the time being, and here is how:
1. Unplug the machine, and I mean it. Make sure you unplug the machine before you start any fixin'. Unplug the machine!
2. I unscrewed the 7 screws located at the bottom of the case
3. I carefully separated the cases and made sure I did not allow any tension on the few wires that span the case halves
4. With the can of electronics duster I use for my computer keyboard, I sprayed all of the electric contacts, making sure I did not spray any of the grease at the gears. I poked the straw in all of the switch housings and the motor.
5. If you feel a little adventurous, you can remove the 6 screws that hold the cover and safety switch in place. At this point pay attention to how the safety switch arm is positioned ( take a picture if you have to) so it will be in the correct position during assembly. Remove the cover and look for anything that could be caught in the shredders. Remove any foreign matter with tweezers or needle nose pliers. Replace the safety switch and cover, make sure the switch arm is in the same position before you took it apart.
6. Put the two case halves together making sure there are no wires pinched inbetween. Put the seven screws back where they belong and tighten snugly ( do not over tighten cause you will break the plastic, guaranteed!)
7. Place the machine on the waste bucket and plug it in. And voila the motor should start buzzing and humming like it was brand new.
Posted on Mar 22, 2009
This Shredder is an Aurora AS650C Rebranded for Walmart as Durabrand. You can call Aurora at 800-327-8508 8-5 PST and tell them that you need one of the plastic gears for the WM6X Durabrand, they know exactly what your talking about, and will offer you two gears. The one that is in contact with the drive motor is gear "A" and the Plastc reduction gear that drives the steel gears is gear "B" Hope this helps
Posted on Jun 04, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 05, 2016 | Shredder Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 11, 2014 | Fellowes Powershred PS-60 Shredder
Aug 15, 2013 | Fellowes Powershred PS-60 Shredder
Mar 23, 2011 | Royal 85X Shredder
Jan 14, 2010 | Fellowes Powershred PS-60 Shredder
Jun 19, 2009 | Fellowes PS60C-2 Shredder
May 26, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 10, 2009 | Techko SH1524CP Shredder
Nov 01, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
650 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!