Question about GE Refrigerators
Thanks for using FixYa. Try removing the ice dispenser and also check the solenoid by following this procedure--
The ice dispenser is located in the upper portion of the freezer compartment. This assembly stores ice made by the icemaker and dispenses ice on demand from the door dispenser target switch.
1. Remove the upper ice bucket tray.
2. Slide out the ice dispenser assembly.
3. Remove the ice cube solenoid linkage Phillips head screw and slide the linkage back.
4. Remove the ice crusher cover Phillips head screws (2) and remove the cover.
5. With a pair of pliers, twist off the backing plate tabs located on either side of the crusher.
6. With 2 small flat-blade screwdrivers, unlock the ice crusher locking tabs located at either
side of the ice crusher.
7. Lift the ice crusher out of the bucket.
8. Remove the ice crusher back cover.
9. Remove the locking ring from the ice crusher auger.
10. Remove the plastic nut with a pair of pliers by turning it clockwise.
11. Remove the spacers and blades. The blades are numbered for reassembly.
Ice Dispenser Auger Drive and Cube Solenoid—
The ice dispenser drive motor and cube solenoid are located in the upper rear of the freezer compartment. The drive motor moves the auger via a fork located on the drive motor. The cube solenoid allows cube or crushed ice to be dispensed on demand.
1. Remove 1/4-in. housing mounting screws (4) located at the four corners of the housing.
2. Slide the housing forward until the connector is visible, disconnect the connector, and remove the unit from the housing.
Note: Drive fork has reverse threads; turnclockwise to remove.
3. Remove the fork from the drive motor by turning it clockwise.
4. Disconnect the motor connectors and remove the ground wire.
5. Remove 1/4-in. mounting screws (3) and remove the motor.
6. Disconnect the cube solenoid wires.
7. Remove cube solenoid 1/4-in. mounting screws (2) and remove the cube solenoid.
Also check the connections with the control board.
Please do accept the solution if the issue is resolved or else revert for further assistance.
Posted on Sep 28, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 29, 2009 | GE GDS18LBP Bottom Freezer Refrigerator
Dec 15, 2009 | GE Profile PSW26P Stainless Steel Side by...
Nov 24, 2009 | GE (PSS26MSRSS) Side by Side Refrigerator
Oct 12, 2009 | Refrigerators
Sep 12, 2009 | GE (PSS26MSRSS) Side by Side Refrigerator
Jul 19, 2009 | GE Profile PSW26P Stainless Steel Side by...
Nov 25, 2008 | GE GSS25JEMWW Side by Side
Jan 10, 2008 | Maytag MSD2454G Side by Side Refrigerator
Oct 02, 2007 | GE 17.2 cu. ft. Top Freezer Refrigerator...
79 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: