Question about Palm Treo 500 Centro
I was able to get it to sync with the computer, but when I try and go into ptunes to get music off my computer nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?
Okay.... here is the thing. These are KNOWN issues with Palm and sometimes for some devices even a hard reset won't fix this.
There are only two reasons your device would be doing this:
If you bring your device into a service center, you shouldnt be charged unless you have damage internally to your device. Hard resets sometimes helps, but you have already lost your information on your device if that is what you are worried about.
If the hard reset doesnt work then you would definitely have to get another device which a service center can accommodate you with by ordering one to be sent to the store for you.
Posted on Dec 18, 2008
I had the same exact problem with mine and I used "donniepratts'" solution except the first time I guess I didn't clean it good enough, so here is what I did and it works perfectly and is fixed for sure because it would already have done the HotSync thing. Been using it all day.
1) I used a Colgate Cross Action battery powered toothbrush .
2) I dipped the bottom of the phone into about a 1/4" NO DEEPER of Isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol for a few minutes in a clean clear coffee cup.
3) WITHOUT turning the phone over to avoid alcohol from going deep into the phone after taking it out of the alcohol, I scrubbed the heck of a long time occasionally dipping it back into the alcohol to remove dirty alcohol.
4) WITHOUT turning the phone over I placed it on a towel propping it against the wall for a couple hours then used a blowdryer for 10 minutes, again, never turning phone over,................and then...
5) Put the battery back in (remember to take it out before anything!) and it cane right on unlike before and works great.
The contacts were so dirty they were leaking current between them and telling the phone it was syking.
TRY IT, good luck
Posted on Nov 08, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 28, 2009 | Palm Treo 500 Centro
Sep 14, 2009 | Palm Treo 500 Centro
Jul 09, 2009 | Sprint Centro Smartphone
Nov 18, 2008 | Palm TX Handheld
Jul 20, 2008 | PDAs
36 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: