Question about Microwave Ovens
I have a frid microwave FMV145KB2 that has stop heating. everything else works on it the light, turntable, fan, it just stop cooking and when used it emits a strange smell on the interior any ideas if this is worth fixing or just buy new to replace?
If the magnetron is shot, then replace the microwave! the magnetron is what produces the 'microwaves' that do the heating. get rid of it! buy a new one! the smell is from overheating circuitry- don't want to take the chance of a fire!
these days you can replace it pretty cheaply- with a fine piece of technology made in china! but, if it lasts 3-4 years, it's pretty cost effective.
once again! if your getting a 'burning' smell from it, unplug it and dispose of it!
Posted on Sep 28, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 30, 2015 | KitchenAid KHMS155LSS 1000 Watts Microwave...
Dec 29, 2013 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Aug 14, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
Nov 28, 2010 | Microwave Ovens
Jul 28, 2010 | LG LMH1517 1000 Watts Convection /...
May 24, 2010 | Maytag 2.0 Cu. Ft. Over-the-Range...
140 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!