Question about Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

My cookworks micro wave works fine but upon cleaning the inside i noticed on the right sideof the inside a small square ''piece of card/plastic'' has a hole/burn mark-can i obtain a replacement

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Superstar:

    An expert that got 20 achievements.

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Microwave Ovens Master
  • 8,404 Answers

Look at repairclinic.com for this part. Have your make and model of couse and describe the part as clearly as you can. They are very good at sorting things out.

a

Posted on Sep 28, 2009

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Smells like smoke


See on the inside of the microwave there is a wave guide , normally a square piece of plastic/fibre material. If it damaged then you would get that smell. Also if its inverter type then take it to a repair centre.

May 03, 2014 | Magic Chef Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

Microwave sparking


If there is spark please do not switch on unless you have confirmed the fault. It is possible that the Magnetron is leaking and sparking to the ground. As you have mentioned it was stored, it is quite possible that insect can get into the oven and create soft spots. When you switch on these will create a short and make the voltage jump and in the long run damage the magnetron.
So Remove cover after disconnecting , check for dirt/moisture in the cabin, if so wipe clean and dry, check the magnetron and area clean and use an jet air to clean off.
Now switch the microwave power on and use a cup of water to test.
If you notice any sparks shut off as the magnetron or the main HT capacitor can be faulty. Replace with same type. If not check the waveguides within the cabin for food particles that can burn and spark, check for rust that can corrode and spark when the ceramic paint has worn out.
If there is heating without any issues, you can use the microwave safely

Click on replacing waveguides: http://www.espares.co.uk/advice/microwave/a/5/1146/how-to-replace-a-microwave-guide-cover.html

Jan 29, 2013 | Bosch 500 HMB5050 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

My Galaxy over-the-range micro #80009401 has a 4"


That sheet is called the Wave Guide Cover and must be replaced. It is made of Mica and protectes the magnetron and aerial.

Feb 03, 2011 | Kenmore Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

The inside of my micro wave has discolored and has some rust spots right through the paint. Can I use a high gloss enamel spray paint to cover this or do I need a special kind of paint for this...


Not regular enamel paint.

The area may first have to be sanded smooth, but it should at least be cleaned and dried thoroughly.


Then you can apply some high-temperature appliance paint, available from places like Wal-Mart, Lowe's or Builder's Square.

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Oct 01, 2010 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

I'm getting a flash inside the oven and the plastic on the inside roof has a burn mark. I removed the plastic cover over the micro wave generator and it did not spark. is the oven dying? It is a 1983 0ver...


It looks like the metal part inside the oven is exposed to the high frequency rf waves. this may sound strange but try coating the metal part with fresh paint. remember no metal inside the oven will stand the waves created inside the oven the spark u see is the waves hitting the exposed metal part inside the oven

Oct 13, 2009 | Magic Chef MCD1311ST Microwave Oven

3 Answers

Arcing inside and there is now a small hole on the panel side. Is this fixable?


Hi,

It looks like there's lightning (arcing) inside my microwave When you see arcing inside your microwave, it's because of food or liquid left in the cavity or on the wave-guide cover:

  • If the wave guide has any burn spots, replace it and clean the unit well.

  • If the cavity has any burn spots, spot-sand it smooth and touch it up with microwave interior paint.

Note… If there are any burn holes in the cavity, don't use the unit-seek help from a qualified appliance repair technician.

Thanks for contacting Fixya

Jun 20, 2009 | Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

GE Microwave is arcing inside


Quite often this is due to grease or food particles stuck to the inside of the oven or stuck on or behind the waveguide cover.

The waveguide cover is usually about the size of a playing card and often held in place by a plastic rivet.

In some models it is the plastic ceiling.

It can be fragile, and the metal edges of the oven behind it can be sharp, so be careful!

The cover and the metal behind it should be cleaned with a mild, non-ammonia cleaner.

If the cavity metal of the oven is chipped or charred, it will have to be sanded smooth and clean and dried thoroughly.

Then you can apply some high-temperature appliance paint, available from places like Wal-Mart, Lowe's or Builder's Square.

If your waveguide cover is burned, it will need to be replaced.

If you need more specific help, please reply back with your brand and full model number.

We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

William E. Miller, AS-EET
prototech@usa.net
http://www.microwavedisplay.com

Nov 13, 2008 | GE JES1384SF Microwave Oven

1 Answer

I have a sharp micro wave oven. Occasionally, when some foods are cooked or heated, you can see small bursts of blue flame. What I should do ? I only use microwave safe containers.


You probably have a burnt wave guide cover. Look inside the microwave either on the side or on the top, it's a square piece of mica board, and you should see a burnt spot on it. You should be able to replace it fairly easy with the model number I can check on a replacement for you.

Jul 09, 2008 | Sharp R-220HW Microwave Oven

1 Answer

PAINT IN MICRO WAVE OVEN


It will have to be sanded smooth and clean and dried thoroughly.

Then you can apply high-temperature appliance paint, available from places like Wal-Mart, Lowe's or Builder's Square.

We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

William E. Miller, AS-EET
prototech@usa.net
http://www.microwavedisplay.com

Apr 21, 2008 | Dacor DMT2420 1200 Watts Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Waveguide cover for Kenmore microwave


Try replacing the screws with larger ones. Maybe you ordered the wrong piece, if your microwave comes with a mica cover (A fine, square piece of mica) and you received a plastic one, you will need to get the right piece or adapt the one you received.
You can get the mica cover on any microwave service.

Feb 16, 2008 | Microwave Ovens

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

97 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9047 Answers

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

74945 Answers

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

5054 Answers

Are you a Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...