My motorola l6 fell in water, i took it out and dried all the part first then put them together to turn on. It did turn on but no keys are working except the power on/off one. it's still receiving calls/messages but i can't answer any due to no keys working. Please help me out how fix it.
I have 2 l6. The same thing happened to both of them. The first one was under warranty and I asked for a replacement. By the time the replacement came the keys were working. The second one it happened 2 times. The first time was at same time it got wet. When the keys didnt work I put the phone in a drawer. Because I couldnt turn the phone off without taking out the battery, I left the phone on and the battery died. a month later when I turned on the phone, all the keys worked. The second time with the same phone was about 5 months later. There was no water this time the keys just stopped working mid dialing. Tried taking out the battery and restart, keys still did not work. Took the phone apart still didnt work, but when I left it on and let the battery drain and then plugged in, it started working again. With the 3 instances I am conviced that there is some software glitch and it takes draining the battery to reset. Taking the battery out will not fix the problem
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
key to saving your phone is to not charge it after it got wet. to get it at least partially working take out the battery and take a blow dryer and carefully warm the phone. do not keep the heat near the screen for long periods of time. after drying for about 20mins leave the phone alone plugged into the charger without the battery inserted for about 45mins. after that you can check the results. put the battery in and test to see whats working and what isn't.
I dropped a phone in the toilet once, a T-mobile phone. it took a couple of days for it to dry out completely. Then I snapped it back together, and it was fine. Being that yours just got wet, and not immersed is different though, so you may want to take it into T-mobile and see if they can check it out for you because then you will know for sure what is going on. Good luck.
all, do not turn it on. Take out the battery, and completely dry the phone
before trying to use again. Did you dry
the phone completely? If not here is the procedure to take out all moisture
trapped in the phone: Dry the phone, battery, any accessory, etc. with
cloth and wrap each piece, phone and accessories, in newspaper. Place
a few handfuls of rice into a plastic bag and then place the wrapped phone in
the bag with rice. The newspaper wrapping avoids direct contact of rice
with your phone because the dust from the rice can get into the small areas of the
phone. The newspaper and rice will absorb moisture. Leave it there (with the
bag open) at least 24 hrs. Also, check the contacts between
phone and battery, if necessary align or clean.
You might find someone with hardware repair training locally to try to repair it. It sounds like corrosion has caused a simple short / open circuit. If you have a set of jeweler's screwdrivers you might even try fixing it yourself. When you remove the keyboard, the problem might become obvious.
i wont suggest u this at home ... a practical solution for this is " u need to dismantal ur phone and dry it in the sun 4r 2 .. 3 hrs ...............if this also wont work need to concern moto care center
sorry to say this but a wet phone is ruined. You will have to take it to a tech at your phone server. They will either repair it or you will have to get another one. Water and phones do not go together at all. Sux.