Question about HP DeskJet 9650 InkJet Printer
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
sounds like a driver problem.
1. reboot your "Computer"
2. re-install driver
3. test print.
hope this helps
thanks for rating
Posted on Jan 14, 2008
I have the same issue, but with a HP DJ 3550, I´ve heard about the data execution protection (DEP) migth help when changing the options, but still have to try it
Posted on Jul 17, 2008
SOURCE: hp F4200 deskjet problem
Please follow the best option that are given :
1) Check all the cable.
2) Check you cartridge position and install it correctly.
3) Remove the old copy of your driver and try to download latest driver from http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-002&h_lang=en&h_cc=us&h_product=14438&h_client=S-A-R163-1&h_page=hpcom&lang=en&cc=us and install it.
4) If cartridge condition or its refill time is over then try to use new cartridge.
Posted on Feb 22, 2009
Hp Deskjet 9650 printer owner, sorry to inform that there is no Microsoft Windows Vista
operating system printer driver solution available for your printer. But there is an alternative way to workaround it so that you can do basic printing with your printer.
As a workaround, an alternate printer driver solution included in Microsoft Windows Vista operating system can be used to perform basic printing to the printer. However you might find that some of the product features are no longer available when using this alternate printer driver, but that is your best option right now.
The alternative HP printer driver that will work with your printer is HP Deskjet 9800.
The Next thing you do is: Install the driver for HP deskjet 9800
1. Verify that the Universal Serial Bus (USB) cable is NOT connected to the printer.
2. Click Start , click Settings , and then click Printers .
3. Click Add a printer .
4. Click Add a local printer .
5. Select the Use an existing port check box.
6. In the Use an existing port drop-down list, select LPT1: (Printer Port) and then click Next .
7. Under Manufacturer on the Install the printer driver dialog box, select HP .
8. Under Printers , select the appropriate alternate driver for the printer (deskjet 9800) and then click Next .
9. In the Printer name text box, type the printer name and then click Next . The printer driver starts to install.
NOTE: The name of the alternate driver displays as the default name. Change this name to the name of the printer, if desired.
10. After the screen stating that the printer was successfully added displays, connect the USB cable / Parallel cable to the printer and to the computer.
11. On the Found New Hardware screen, click Cancel .
12. For USB connected printer, please proceed to step three . For Parallel port connected printer, please proceed to step four .
NOTE: If multiple pop-up windows display, click Cancel on each window.
Next is: Configure the printer
1. In the printer folder, right-click on the name of the printer and then click Properties .
2. Click the Ports tab.
3. Change the port from LPT1 to the newly created USB port, click Apply .
Last step: Print a test page
1. Click the General tab.
2. Click Print Test Page .
Good luck Cheers!!!
Posted on Apr 26, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 14, 2012 | HP Compaq dc5000 PC Desktop
Mar 26, 2010 | HP DeskJet 9650 InkJet Printer
Feb 20, 2010 | HP DeskJet 845c Printer
Apr 26, 2009 | HP DESKJET PRINTER, HP OR COMPATIBLE
Jul 27, 2017 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 03, 2008 | HP DeskJet 6540 InkJet Printer
Jan 14, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 18, 2012 | HP DeskJet 9650 InkJet Printer
Jul 05, 2012 | HP DeskJet 9650 InkJet Printer
22 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: