Question about Siemens SpeedStream 2624 Router (936-2624-001 kit)
How do I secure my speedstream router? I lost the CD?
1. Connect the wireless router to your computer with a LAN cable.
2. Start your browser and enter the router's configuration URL
3. Enter the router setup login and password
4. Change the admin password
5. Go to the wireless settings and change the default SSID and turn off SSID broadcast.
6. Setup encryption key the strongest is WAP2
7. For further secutity measures - turn on MAC address filtering and enter the MAC address of the wireless cards on the computer/s you want to connect to this wireless router.
8. Record the settings you have made and keep it in a safe place and Save the settings.
9. Configure the wireless cards on the computer/s with the SSID and encryption settings of the router.
10. Remove the LAN cable and the computers should be able to connect to the router.
Posted on Sep 28, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 25, 2010 | Siemens SpeedStream 2624 (SS2624) Wireless...
Oct 18, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54GS Router...
Aug 30, 2009 | Siemens SpeedStream 2624 (SS2624) Wireless...
Dec 25, 2008 | Siemens SpeedStream 2624 Router...
Jun 29, 2008 | Siemens Efficient Networks SpeedStream...
Jun 26, 2008 | Siemens SpeedStream Modem (4100) (SS4100)
Aug 27, 2007 | Siemens SpeedStream 4200 (13A4200001)...
Jun 23, 2007 | Siemens SpeedStream 5930 ADSL Business...
Aug 24, 2017 | Siemens SpeedStream 2624 Router...
336 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: