- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You replaced the lever locks but did you replace the actual cartridge locks. Chances are either the left or right cartridge lock for the black toner cartridge has broken. Remove the toner cartridge and then lift the transfer belt to the closed position. You should see a lever drop on both left and right side. If the are missing or broken you will need to replace them.
Hello, remove the cartridge and check inside the printer, on the left side of the sponge roller about 1 inch/2.5 cm down, there is a lever that engages a flag at the back of the printer ( the sensor in case tells the printer that the cartridge is in the printer) check that lever and make sure it moves freely. If there is a pice of paper behind that lever, when you insert the cartridge the lever will not go all the way.
when the cartridges are still locked after the front cabinet is released(opened) usually means the cart lock lift cam is broken- common fault on this machine- although the part is not much to buy the availability is what your main problem will be,good luck
Click Here and you will get a pdf document in which all the necessary steps are given to install a cartridge.
Or you can follow the following steps:
1. Turn off the printer and wait for the fan to stop. Unplug the printer and open the top cover by pressing the top cover release button.
2. Open the left-side printer cover and locate the used developer cartridge that you wish to replace.
3. Press the release lever on the used developer cartridge and pull it one-third of the way out.
4. Pull the used developer cartridge out, using a horizontal motion. Take care to support the weight of the cartridge during removal.
5. Shake the new cartridge up and down and side to side so the toner within is evenly distributed.
6.Slide the new developer cartridge into the printer until the release lever locks. Use a horizontal motion and take care to support the cartridge's weight.
7. Close the side cover, then the top cover. Plug the printer in and turn it on. When the printer displays the message "Press On Line To Continue," press the On Line button and wait for the setup sequence to complete.
10.000x Supply error
E-label can’t be read or print cartridge is not properly installed.
Reinstall print cartridge.
Power cycle device.
If the problem is not solved, replace the cartridge.
The software CD-ROM that came with the HP Color LaserJet 2820/2830/2840 all-one includes an animated tutorial that shows how to replace the print cartridges.
Remove any media from the ADF, and then push the scanner-release button to open the scanner assembly.
Open the cartridge door.
Make sure that the correct print-cartridge slot is in the access position.
If the correct print-cartridge slot is not in the access position, close the top cover and the scanner assembly, and then press ROTATE CAROUSEL until the correct print-cartridge slot is in the correct position.
Pinch together the two large blue tabs on the first cartridge, and then lift the cartridge straight up to remove it from the carousel.
Remove the new print cartridge from its packaging, remove the orange cover from the print cartridge, and then pull the orange tab straight out to remove the sealing tape.
Squeeze the blue release levers on the print cartridge, holding it with the roller facing you. Lower the cartridge straight down into the carousel until it is firmly in place.
To replace another cartridge, close the top cover and the scanner assembly, press ROTATE CAROUSEL , and then repeat the previous steps.
If a black print cartridge was replaced, then the device prompts to have a cleaning page ran, unless the device page count is less than 100 pages.
Close the top cover, and then close the scanner assembly.