- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
HP LaserJet 2550L Printer panel indicates 4 LED's for 4 toner cartridges, 1LED for the Drum unit. one LED for the power on button. one of the cartridges or the Drum unit has a problem, it indicates from the lights shows on or flashing. By referring to the indication lights you can diagnose the problem contains in one of the cartridges or the drum unit. By replacing the appropriate item you'll be able to make the printer to the working condition.
First of all try cleaning the black LED head with an alcohol wipe, next check the connection to the black LED head and make sure there is nothing blocking the light between this head and the top of the image drum. It may also be worth swapping the LED head between colours to see if the problem moves colour or stays with black. If after moving the head the problem still happens with black then it may indicate a problem with the image drum or an electrical problem. If you have another unit you could try swapping the drum and toner between units.
Hi paulette, if the light is red and TONER COLORS LED all LEDs off
• The machine is experiencing an error, such as jammed paper, open cover, empty paper, installed waste toner container, or full waste toner container. • The machine is experiencing a service required error, such as LSU error, fuser error, or Contact your sales or service representative.
if the light is red and TONER COLORS LED each LED lights red.
• Each toner cartridge is totally exhausted. You can not print. • Each toner cartridge is wrong.
Press and hold the "f" for 8 seconds to access the remote programming features. The remote will emit one long beep and the LEDs will illuminate. Press the unlock button to access the remote programming features. Two transmit LEDs will flashes and two beeps indicate the remote programming features are accessed. Press the lock button on the remote( LED on indicates auto locking on, LED off indicates auto locking off). Press and release "f" button to exit programming.
Try this procedure as mentioned.if any mistake in trying the procedure then retry from first step again.so read it carefully and try it.
Brother ML-2040 Toner Light Reset When replacing the toner cartridge in the Brother HL-2040 with a new cartridge (compatible or remanufactured) the user may experience a problem with the toner light staying on, even with the new toner installed. The procedure below has worked for many folks, so give it a shot. Open the front cover of the Brother HL-2040 and leave open while completing the following steps: 1.) Turn the printer off. 2.) Hold the ‘go’ button while turning the printer on. All panel lights should be on. 3.) Release the ‘go’ button once all lights are off. 4. )Press the ‘go’ button 2 times. 5.) Pause. 6.) Press the ‘go’ button 5 times. 7.) The toner light should be off. 8.) The paper light should be on. 9.) Close cover. The ready light should be the only light on. Once all steps are successfully completed your “low toner” light should be fixed.-------------From Brother Service Bulletin
1. Open the Front cover 2. Press and hold the GO button 3. Power ON the printer while continuing to hold the GO button 4. Once the 3 LED’s are lit, release the GO button 5. Press the GO button 2 times. This will cause the LED’s to light solid 6. With the LED’s lit solid, press the GO button 5 times 7. Toner Life End will then reset 8. Close the front cover.-----------Thanks. Keep updated for any more query. You can rate this
solution and show your appreciation.
There is a window on each end of the toner cartridge that you can cover with electrical tape and keep printing, it shines a light thru and when the toner is too low it says it's empty. The weight can be misleading.