Question about HP Compaq Presario CQ50-110US Laptop
Please follow steps below to reset your Windows Vista Password in 10 minutes.
1. Insert the Windows Vista DVD into the DVD drive and then restart the computer.
2. Change Boot Options 1st Priority to Optical Drive.
3. When system booting up, if the message “Press any key to boot from cd” appears, immediately press Enter.
4. On Language Settings, Time and Currency and Keyboard Layout screen, just choose the correct settings then click Next.
5. On Install Now screen, click Repair. Note: Click No just in case you get the message: Windows found problems with your computer’s startup options.
6. On the System Recovery Options screen, under Operating System, click Windows Vista then click Next. Then select Command Prompt.
7. At the command prompt windows, type the following command then press Enter after typing each command:
echo ~takeown /f %1 /r /d y > TakeControlOf.cmd
echo ~icacls %1 /grant administrators:F /t
ren Magnify.exe Magnify.old
ren cmd.exe Magnify.exe
8. Restart the computer.
9. On the Welcome Screen, click the Ease button.
10. Check Make items on the screen larger then click OK.
11. At the prompt, type the command then press Enter.
net user Administrator /active:yes
12. Restart the computer.
Posted on Sep 27, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 29, 2012 | Toshiba Tecra A8-S8414 Notebook
Boot up or restart your Toshiba laptop.
Immediately and repeatedly tap the F2 key on your keyboard until the start screen appears to change your BIOS (user) and supervisor
(HDD user) passwords.
Use the arrow keys on your keyboard to highlight "Set User Password" or "Set HDD User Password" and press "Enter" on your keyboard.
Type the current password in the box that appears.
Type your new password ox.
You will be asked to enter your new password a second time to confirm it.
Sep 08, 2012 | Toshiba Computers & Internet
Mar 11, 2012 | Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium with...
Feb 14, 2011 | HP Computers & Internet
Jun 18, 2009 | Acer Aspire 5315 Notebook
Nov 23, 2008 | Acer Aspire 5100 Notebook
Oct 30, 2007 | HP Pavilion zd8000 Notebook
264 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: