Question about Everex GA3400 PC Desktop
I don't know how to reply to you, so I'll just post this. I have 3 Computers that are up & running. On this other one that I'm working on is the one with the password problem. I do have USB Flash Drive. And, no I can't access any account on the problem computer? Thanks, Bill
Password reset on XP
1. Place your Windows XP CD in your cd-rom and start your computer (it’s assumed here that your XP CD is bootable – as it should be - and that you have your bios set to boot from CD)
2. Keep your eye on the screen messages for booting to your cd Typically, it will be “Press any key to boot from cd”
3. Once you get in, the first screen will indicate that Setup is inspecting your system and loading files.
4. When you get to the Welcome to Setup screen, press ENTER to Setup Windows now
5. The Licensing Agreement comes next - Press F8 to accept it.
6. The next screen is the Setup screen which gives you the option to do a Repair.
It should read something like “If one of the following Windows XP installations is damaged, Setup can try to repair it”
Use the up and down arrow keys to select your XP installation (if you only have one, it should already be selected) and press R to begin the Repair process.
7. Let the Repair run. Setup will now check your disks and then start copying files which can take several minutes.
8. Shortly after the Copying Files stage, you will be required to reboot. (this will happen automatically – you will see a progress bar stating “Your computer will reboot in 15 seconds”
9. During the reboot, do not make the mistake of “pressing any key” to boot from the CD again! Setup will resume automatically with the standard billboard screens and you will notice Installing Windows is highlighted.
10. Keep your eye on the lower left hand side of the screen and when you see the Installing Devices progress bar, press SHIFT + F10. This is the security hole! A command console will now open up giving you the potential for wide access to your system.
11. At the prompt, type NUSRMGR.CPL and press Enter. You have just gained graphical access to your User Accounts in the Control Panel.
12. Now simply pick the account you need to change and remove or change your password as you prefer. If you want to log on without having to enter your new password, you can type control userpasswords2 at the prompt and choose to log on without being asked for password. After you’ve made your changes close the windows, exit the command box and continue on with the Repair (have your Product key handy).
Posted on Sep 27, 2009
If you lost windows password. I think the best solution is making a windows password recovery disk with the third part utility. The disk can work perfectly to recover windows password to “Blank”. It is also useful for administrator password recovery, you can wrote it to an blank CD or USB flash drive to recover administrator password. Booting up and clearing a password takes a minute or two works like a charm.
more info: http://www.windowsloginrecovery.com
Posted on Mar 01, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 25, 2018 | Facebook Computers & Internet
Mar 31, 2017 | Dell Computers & Internet
Dec 28, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Oct 02, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Sep 26, 2011 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 17, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Aug 14, 2011 | Craftsman 3/8" Corded Drill
Aug 06, 2011 | HP Computers & Internet
Jun 08, 2011 | Nokia X6 16GB Cell Phone
Mar 20, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Jan 23, 2018 | Everex GA3400 PC Desktop
Aug 06, 2017 | Everex GA3400 PC Desktop
117 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: