Question about Arris Touchstone 450a (CM450) Modem
I am home for the holidays and am trying to hook up my dlink router to the arris cable modem to no avail. I followed the instructions on the internet but both my laptop is registering the wireless connection but will not connect as well the other computer has limited or no connectivity... help please
Yeah! You rock.
I'm not the original poster but I googled for the same problem and tried your fix -- it worked.
Posted on Sep 29, 2008
Read the bible every day!
Posted on Jul 13, 2008
Your modem needs to be rebooted in order for your router to pull an IP from the modem. To do this, look for a little hole in the back of your modem and use a pen to push the button. Wait for the reboot to finish and then try again in about 20 seconds.
Posted on Jan 20, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 16, 2014 | Arris SB5100 SURFboard DOCSIS 2.0 Cable...
Feb 28, 2011 | Computers & Internet
If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it and give a testimonial for my response. Happy Holidays!
Dec 19, 2010 | D-Link DIR601 WirelessN 150 Home Router...
I was banging my head for 2 days with about 35 different configurations and finally tried the following and it worked just fine. Also, tried connecting 3 computers and they all connected with "NO" issues. Even connected wireless with "NO" issues. Now I am at 20mb download speed...J compared to AT&T 1.5mb download speed.
This is my DLINK model -> (DIR-601 Wireless N 150 Home Router Wireless router)
1. Reset your Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem by unplugging it for 5 minutes.
2. Then reset your DLINK Router to the manufactures default settings. Then Unplug DLINK Router for 1 minute then plug it back in (Just plug your cat5 cable into port 1 and connect it to your computer) there should not be anything else plugged into the DLINK Router at the time you make the changes. Just 1 computer can be connected.
3. Went into the DLINK configuration 192.168.0.1 and changed the PPPOE setting that I was using for my AT&T Modem to Dynamic IP (DHCP). Once you make the changes save them and then unplug your DLINK Router it's off.
4. Turn on Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem and wait until all lights are on. Now plug in a cat5 cable from the Surfboard Comcast modem (NOT A CROSSOVER CABLE LIKE THE CD INDICATES) to the INTERNET port of your DLINK Router. Now turn on your DLINK router.
5. Then turn on your computers or restart them and it will pick up IP Addresses from your DLINK Router
Jun 08, 2010 | D-Link Wireless N 150 Home Router 4Port...
Jan 23, 2010 | Arris Touchstone 450a (CM450) Modem
Oct 06, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Mar 21, 2009 | Arris Touchstone 450a (CM450) Modem
Dec 29, 2008 | Arris Touchstone 450a (CM450) Modem
Dec 29, 2007 | D-Link AirPlus DI-524 Wireless Router
775 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: