Question about Lexmark X4580 InkJet Printer
Online support for Lexmark X4580:
Select the tab Downloads. Click the download according to the used operating system. Download now on the next page.
After the file is download click the execute file.
Files will unpack in the directory as showed while preparing the installation.
A wizard will pop up to guide you through the installation.
Guides are under the Publications tab of the support site:
Guide getting started
User's guide for MAC
Posted on Sep 27, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Lexmark 1270 printer
Attention Windows Vista Users
If you have installed your printer on your PC using an original Lexmark Driver CD that came with your product and you are experiencing problems when printing, you may have installed the Windows XP driver.
Follow these steps to resolve:
· Disconnect your USB cable from your printer.
· Uninstall all Lexmark printer drivers on your PC. (For more information Click Here)
· Download the correct Vista driver for your model. (Click Here)
· Install the driver on your PC. (Click Here)
If you are facing issues, scanning using your All in One Center, Here is an alternative.
Important - Do not reconnect the USB cable until the install software prompts the question of how the printer is connected.
Posted on Dec 08, 2007
go to this link and enter the make and model number
you may have to go thru the menus but you can find installlation software and support for your printer. I found the software for our lexmark here at work at this site ... they sent us a primter without any CD in the box , i didn't want to wait for themn to ship a new one. It was very painless.
TDEx Chic Phoenix AZ
Posted on Apr 21, 2009
If you do not have the disk you must download the software from Internet, follow instructions below,
Click here:Official Lexmark Drivers and Software
A web page will open, follow instructions, select model, select operative system etc., and click on download .
Chose to download the file in my documents when asked.
After downloading, find the file,double click on the file ,then if you get in troubles, follow the instructions below to reset and reinstall drivers:
Posted on Jul 25, 2009
The problem that you are experiencing is caused by the way the text is formatted in most word processing documents. By default envelopes are printed not in black, but a dark gray. This confuses the printer and causes it to use the color cartridge to process gray instead of using the black cartridge.
You can fix this problem with one of two ways:
1. Click on "Start", "Control Panel" and click on "Printers and Faxes." Right click on the "Lexmark Printer" icon and select "Properties." Click on "Printing Preferences." Go to "Quality/Copies" tab and select the option "Print color images in black and white."
2. You can also change the color of you text to a true black in your word processor. This will require you to resort to the word processor's documentation and help files.
Both of these settings will cause your printer to use the black cartridge instead of the color. If either one of these solutions solves your problem, it means your color cartridge needs to be cleaned or replaced. If you feel that the color cartridge should not be out of ink, please follow the steps given below:
Clean Nozzle Procedure:
1. Go to the "Solution Center" and click on the "Maintenance" tab.
2. Select "Clean to fix horizontal strips."
The colors that you should see here are black, yellow, magenta (a reddish purple) and cyan (a dark sky blue). You should notice the diagonal lines above and below the solid horizontal lines. These diagonal lines should be solid from left to right with no gaps.
If there are gaps in the lines or the print diminishes across the page, you should run the "Clean Print Nozzles" page a couple more times to try and clear it up. If you still have gaps at the top and bottom, you should "wick" the cartridges by following the steps given below:
1. Select "Install color/black cartridge" and remove the cartridge from the printer.
2. Get a damp paper towel.
3. Set the ink cartridge right side up on the damp paper towel so that the ink nozzles are against the towel and hold the cartridge in this position for about 15 seconds.
4. Now wipe the print head (on the bottom where the ink comes out) across in one direction only (left to right) until it looks clean.
5. Next dab the cartridge on the towel to make sure that the ink is flowing.
6. Snap the cartridge back into the printer.
7. On your computer, select "Old Cartridge installed."
8. Repeat the "Clean to fix horizontal strips" procedure listed above.
If this procedure does not help, please let us know so that we can continue with technical support.
Posted on Oct 01, 2009
Testimonial: "Thank you. I was on the phone with Lexmark a whole hour last night and they couldn't fix it. This corrected the problem immediately! You are a Wiz"
you will need to install the printer software compatible for windows 7 available in the manufacturer's website for download. Check the version of your operating system if you have 64-bit or 32-bit OS. To check go to start > right click computer > click properties. Download the proper driver package by going to this link : http://bit.ly/dq2FVh . Click on Microsoft tab. Download cjq3500-4500Win7en.exe for 64-bit or cjb3500-4500Win7en.exe for 32-bit. Install the software. Hope this helps.
Posted on Mar 09, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 20, 2012 | Lexmark X4580 InkJet Printer
Jul 12, 2011 | Lexmark X4580 InkJet Printer
Jun 09, 2010 | Lexmark X4580 InkJet Printer
Mar 07, 2010 | Lexmark X4580 InkJet Printer
Sep 27, 2009 | Lexmark X4580 InkJet Printer
Dec 29, 2008 | Lexmark Office Equipment & Supplies
113 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: