Question about GE Profile Arctica Stainless Steel Top Freezer Refrigerator
Thanks for using FixYa. The leaking around the icemaker occurs when water enters the icemaker mold too quickly. It then splashes over the front of the icemaker. You will see puddles of ice on the feeler arm or icicles flowing over the front of the icemaker. There are three potential leak paths. In order to prevent further leakage around the feeler arm, follow the process outlined below:--
1) Replace the old fill cup with a new fill cup. The new fill cup has a water diverter added to slow the flow of the water when it enters the icemaker mold. The fill cup does not fit the GSH and ESS Energy Star models.
2) Install a mounting bracket spacer. IMPORTANT NOTE: It is extremely important that the icemaker is level in all directions, front to back AND side to side. It will be necessary to shim the icemaker mounting bracket to raise the front of the icemaker to obtain the required front to back level. It will not affect the operation of the icemaker to have a slight backward tilt. Install the mounting bracket with the spacer in place. Make certain that the spacer is between the rear case wall and the bottom left hole of the bracket
3) Adjust the refrigerator. It is very important to make certain that the refrigerator case tilts back at least 1 degree or approximately 1/2 bubble on the level.
Please see these steps for ICE dispenser and ICE maker removal--
ICE DISPENSER REMOVAL--
The ice dispenser is located in the upper portion of the freezer compartment. This assembly stores ice made by the icemaker and dispenses ice on demand from the door dispenser target switch.
1. Remove the upper ice bucket tray.
2. Slide out the ice dispenser assembly.
3. Remove the ice cube solenoid linkage Phillips head screw and slide the linkage back.
4. Remove the ice crusher cover Phillips head screws (2) and remove the cover.
5. With a pair of pliers, twist off the backing plate tabs located on either side of the crusher.
6. With 2 small flat-blade screwdrivers, unlock the ice crusher locking tabs located at either side of the ice crusher.
7. Lift the ice crusher out of the bucket.
8. Remove the ice crusher back cover.
9. Remove the locking ring from the ice crusher auger.
10. Remove the plastic nut with a pair of pliers by turning it clockwise.
11. Remove the spacers and blades. The blades are numbered for reassembly.
ICE MAKER REMOVAL --
The icemaker is located in the upper rear of the freezer compartment and supplies ice to the dispenser tub.
1. Disconnect the icemaker cable connector.
2. Remove 1/4-in. icemaker mounting screws and slide out the icemaker. This refrigerator is equipped with an Electronic Ice maker.
Please do accept the solution if the issue is resolved or else revert for further assistance.
Posted on Sep 27, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 27, 2014 | GE (PSS26MSRSS) Side by Side Refrigerator
Apr 14, 2010 | GE Profile 25.1 Cu. Ft. Side-by-Side...
Mar 01, 2010 | GE Profile PSW26P Stainless Steel Side by...
Oct 07, 2009 | GE Profile PSW26P Stainless Steel Side by...
Aug 17, 2009 | GE (PSS26MSRSS) Side by Side Refrigerator
Apr 20, 2009 | GE Profile 26.6 cu. ft. Side-by-Side...
Apr 17, 2009 | Refrigerators
Oct 29, 2008 | GE Profile PSW26P Stainless Steel Side by...
152 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: