Question about Lexmark E340 Laser Printer
I've replaced the photoconductor and ink cartridge nothing seems to work. Help!!!!
Resetting the Lexmark E340/342 (display type) machines
1) Turn the printer off
2) While still off, press and hold the SELECT and RETURN buttons.
3) Keep both buttons pressed, and turn the printer on. Continue to hold both until either “Performing self test” or “Config menu”
appears on the display.
4) Release the two buttons
5) RESET PC CNT should now show on the display. If it does not, press the left or right menu buttons until it does.
6) Press the SELECT button once. “Resetting PC Cnt Value” should show on the display.
7) When the display shows CONFIG MENU again, turn the printer off.
8) Turn the printer back on. (Do not hold any buttons down this time). The printer is reset.
You can confirm the counter was reset by printing a “menu settings page”.
Posted on Oct 24, 2008
This is the fix for the E450DN. Copied from the Lexmark Knowledgebase. www.lexmark.com, click support, search for "84 replace photoconductor" and select the link for the e450dn
Press the down arrow button () until the check mark on the left is in front of Reset PC Cnt. Press once. You will see the choice for Reset. Press until the check mark is in front of Reset and then press again.
The printer will display a Resetting PC Counter message and go back to the previous screen.
Press the back button () once.
Press or on the operator panel until the check mark on the left is next to Exit Config Menu. Press once.
Selecting this will cause the printer to reboot. If the counter has been reset correctly, the printer should return to a Ready prompt.
Posted on Dec 15, 2008
84 Replace photoconductor
Posted on Apr 11, 2008
Posted on Jun 13, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 11, 2011 | Lexmark W840 Laser Printer
Feb 04, 2011 | Lexmark E232 Laser Printer
Sep 22, 2010 | Lexmark Lemark E352DN Laser Printer
Mar 17, 2009 | Printers & Copiers
3,801 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!