Question about Lexmark E340 Laser Printer
I've replaced the photoconductor and ink cartridge nothing seems to work. Help!!!!
Resetting the Lexmark E340/342 (display type) machines
1) Turn the printer off
2) While still off, press and hold the SELECT and RETURN buttons.
3) Keep both buttons pressed, and turn the printer on. Continue to hold both until either “Performing self test” or “Config menu”
appears on the display.
4) Release the two buttons
5) RESET PC CNT should now show on the display. If it does not, press the left or right menu buttons until it does.
6) Press the SELECT button once. “Resetting PC Cnt Value” should show on the display.
7) When the display shows CONFIG MENU again, turn the printer off.
8) Turn the printer back on. (Do not hold any buttons down this time). The printer is reset.
You can confirm the counter was reset by printing a “menu settings page”.
Posted on Oct 24, 2008
This is the fix for the E450DN. Copied from the Lexmark Knowledgebase. www.lexmark.com, click support, search for "84 replace photoconductor" and select the link for the e450dn
Press the down arrow button () until the check mark on the left is in front of Reset 84 Replace replace photoconductor - pattlnk_11202006_2142-select_button.jpgxya.net/uploads/images/pattlnk_11202006_2142-select_button.jpg" alt="pattlnk_11202006_2142-select_button.jpg" class="h_mi" 84 Replace replace photoconductor - pattlnk_11222006_1611-down_arrow.jpg Reset. Press again.
The printer will display a
Press the back button ( or
Selecting this will cause the printer to reboot. If the counter has been reset correctly, the printer should return to a Ready prompt.
Posted on Dec 15, 2008
84 Replace photoconductor
Posted on Apr 11, 2008
Posted on Jun 13, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 11, 2011 | Lexmark W840 Laser Printer
Feb 04, 2011 | Lexmark E232 Laser Printer
Sep 22, 2010 | Lexmark Lemark E352DN Laser Printer
May 20, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 17, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
3,820 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!