Question about Canon BubbleJet i550 InkJet Printer
According to the Canon i550 service manual, an error code of 1 green followed by 7 orange lights means that the waste tank counter needs to be reset. The way to do this is by going into service mode and selecting the waste tank counter reset option and then executing. My printer won't do this. The steps, according to the service manual, are as follows:
3.3.2 Service mode functions
This printer has a Service mode to set service only settings and output test prints. The Service mode can be
entered using the control panel.
1) With the printer power OFF, while pressing the Resume button, press the Power button. (Do not release the
2) While pressing the Power button, release the Resume button, press the Resume button again twice, and then
release the Resume button and Power button.
3) The green indicator flashes during initialization.
When the indicator stops flashing and remains on, press the Resume button the specified number of times to
select the function. [the table below says four times for the waste tank counter reset]
(The indicator toggles between orange and green each time the Resume button is pressed.)
4) After selecting the function, press the Power button, and the green indicator will light, and the function will
After I do step two, the green indicator never flashes "during initialization" and it never stops flashing on remains on. Instead, the same old error code (1 green + 7 orange) just repeats over and over again, and when I try the rest of the steps, nothing happens. Any ideas? It seems like a few of the other posters have had the same problem.
Hello you can try
Problem for Canon BubbleJet i560 InkJet
The waste ink is in the inside of your printer you need to get at it to clean out,
It may be all screwed down so you need to open all up or get a shop to do it for you.
It not an easy job but maybe you are handy with a screwdriver, it can be messy job.
But after this, you will have to reset the waist ink counter or it will still not work,
But but but but you can always try this to reset it first and clean it out again some time.
Canon Reset waste ink counter
1. Turn off printer
2. Hold down Resume button and press Power button.
3. Keep holding down Power button and let Resume button go.
4. Press Resume button 2 times then let BOTH buttons go.
5. Green lights will flash and then stop blinking.
6. When green lights are solid, press the Resume button 4 times.
7. Press the Power button and the printer should turn off, if not, press the Power button once more.
8. Your printer should respond as normal.
Please come back and just gave a vote, it will gave me some satisfaction to know am helping some one so I will keep on helping.
All The Best: Pineworks
Posted on Feb 08, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 23, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 06, 2008 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
on May 11, 2014 | Office Equipment & Supplies
on Jun 30, 2010 | Canon PIXMA iP2000 InkJet Printer
Sep 04, 2008 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 24, 2010 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 23, 2010 | Canon PIXMA iP2000 InkJet Printer
Apr 26, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 26, 2009 | Canon BubbleJet i550 InkJet Printer
Sep 03, 2007 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
674 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!