Question about Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Try turing your security setting in your Router to a lower setting. I had the same issue, and i changed mine from WPA2 to WPA-Personal and it now works.
Hope this helps you too.
Posted on Nov 03, 2010
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Ok so far heres what works, entering in everything manually.
1. Go into connection types, Hit "Manual Configuration"
2. Input your SSID
3. Input the correct security type, this is key.
4. Put your password in properly
5. For ip address "Do not auto obtain".
6. open up cmd in your computer, type in ipconfig
7. Now input that ip address but add 10 to the last number so "192.168.0.1" will be entered as "192.168.0.11"
8. Enter the rest of your info inside such as subnet mask and default gateway exactly as you see it in your ipconfig.
9. Now hit next, hit configure now for your DNS. When asked about DNS hit "Dont auto obtain".
10. For the first server put in 126.96.36.199
11. For the second server put in 188.8.131.52
12. Hit Next, when asked about a proxy hit no proxy
13. Leave mtu as the default
14. it should work, if not check the ip and that it is the internet ip + 10. Good luck
Sep 02, 2017 | Video Game Consoles & Games
Jul 06, 2011 | Nintendo Wii Console
May 05, 2011 | Nintendo Wii Console
Jul 28, 2010 | Nintendo Wii Console
Jan 17, 2010 | Belkin Computers & Internet
Jan 17, 2010 | Belkin (F5D8231-4) Wireless Router...
Dec 06, 2009 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Jul 18, 2009 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Mar 18, 2008 | Video Game Consoles & Games
384 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!