Question about Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Unfortunately Microsoft will just keep replacing it with another repair xbox. They will never give you a new one.... or will they??
Make the next customer support specialist aware that you are aware of the New lemon law. You can find all the information on this by going here: http://www.politickernj.com/consumer-electronic-lemon-law-advances-8292
Under that law, you are definitely entitled to a new xbox. Lemon laws are not just for cars anymore.
Under the measure, the following conditions must be met for an electronics product to qualify as a lemon:
· Any electronic device which could not be repaired within three attempts would require a replacement of equal value and condition.
· Defective items would require a full refund of the total purchase price;
· Stores that advertise in-home service for a electronics must provide such service and a serviceman within 72 hours of receipt of the service request;
· The warranty holder and a retail representative must certify the condition of an item, in writing, before it is dropped off or mailed away for repair;
· A warranty is still valid if a repair costs exceeds the original price and if there is a slight cosmetic defect that occurs with regular use;
· Extended warranties and service contracts must run consecutively with any manufacturer's warranty and cannot void or diminish any coverage provided by the manufacturer.
"Electronics warranties and service contracts should be a source of reassurance for consumers, not a headache," said Assemblyman Moriarty (D-Gloucester). "Extended warranties should not become simply an added charge, but an iron-clad agreement that guarantees a purchase."
"By extending lemon law protections to consumer electronics, manufactures of these products will be under increased pressure to ensure maximum quality control," said Assemblyman Whelan (D-Atlantic). "Too many consumers are getting stuck with foreign-made electronic devices that are defective and unrepairable."
Violations of the measure would be punishable under New Jersey's Consumer Fraud Act. First offenders would be fined up to $10,000. Subsequent violations would be subject to fines up to $20,000. Violators also could be subjected to injunctive relief, triple damages, and restitution.
"We cannot continue to allow some disingenuous electronics retailers and manufacturers to take advantage of New Jersey's consumers," said Assemblyman Panter (D-Monmouth/Mercer). "Warranties and service contracts must be upheld, and violators should face harsh penalties for deceptive business practices."
Posted on Sep 27, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 30, 2010 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
on May 30, 2010 | Video Game Consoles & Games
Jan 17, 2010 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Dec 21, 2009 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Jun 19, 2008 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Mar 09, 2008 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Nov 28, 2007 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Aug 29, 2007 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller
Aug 12, 2007 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Apr 21, 2015 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
120 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!