Question about RCA Televison & Video

1 Answer

I cant figure out how to ge the deflection board

I cant figure out how to get the deflection board of to resolder the fl231 fuse. i have a rca 52 inch r52wh74

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 647 Answers

This should be a 400mA brown fuse beside the flyback (gray and black Transformer with 2 thicker wires comming from it.
Once the back cover is removed the deflection board is the board on the left (as your facing the rear of the set) Remove/unplug (deflection board side) all the wires (label or mark them first).This includesBP010,BP011, BP150 etc. The board is held by plastic clips around the perimiter of the board. you have to release the clips while raising the board working from the front to back from the left side tilting the board to the right.There are 2 clips that go through the board- one beside the flyback (right side) and one near the other transformer on the board (left hand side).

Posted on Sep 27, 2009

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

I bought a older 52 inch projection, When I set it up I have 3 screens.. when I use the Xbox 1 how do I fix it ??

Got o menu then setup Look for convergence if it is not listed in the menu Then you have a blow Fuse FL231 Locted on your Deflection board bottom left hand side and right hand side of the FBT flyback Transfomer is 3 fuses in a roll small brown rectrangler looking caps but they are fuses it will be the one in the Middle .06amps has them

Jul 02, 2010 | RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready...

1 Answer

52" hdtv rca hd52w67

check that board where you replace the fuse on the back look very close at the transformer the big black one and check the soldering it is cracked resolder it and you should be ready to go.. just look very close they are smalllllll cracks need good light.. thats what i had on mine and works good..

Apr 08, 2010 | RCA HD52W59 HDTV Projection Television

1 Answer

52 inch GE big screen projector

Your TV is a RCA even though it says GE its made by Thompson/ Deflection Board Call UED 1-800-648-6657

Dec 31, 2009 | GE D52GW12 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready...

1 Answer

My rca hd '52" tv has a bow in it & colors dont line up

Blowed Fuse FL231 will be on right handside of FBT flyback Transfomer there is 3 of them in a Roll small brown looking caps But they are Fuses it will be the one in the Middle Located on your Deflection Board which is the Bottom left hand side Board. for Fuse

Dec 21, 2009 | RCA HD52W59 HDTV Projection Television

1 Answer

Im having a issue with my RCA 52 inch HD tv. It is like watching in 3D everything is in 3 colors

Bad fuse FL231 it does not look like a fuse But it is ! it will be on your deflection board first bottom board to the left on right side of FBT flyback transfomer thier is 3 in a roll small brown rectrangler looking caps but they are fuses it will be the one in the middle call Mats Electronics 1-800-628-1118 for fuse.

Nov 12, 2009 | RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready...

1 Answer

Convergence menu not available on my RCA HDTV. Model R52WH74YX58 I have installed all 3 new fuses as well as DL231 and CP230 and resoldered the pins on the flyback and IC, but I still have not got an...

The only fuse that will govern the convergence option is FL231 along with the two other components that you mentioned. If that didnt fix the issue the deflection board or the convergence power supply is defective. The deflection board is most suspect.

May 26, 2009 | RCA R52WM24 52" HDTV Projection Television

1 Answer

52 inch rca hdtv projection

Yes, I sure Can how much money can you send am Broke? First board on bottom left is Deflection board / Board next to it on right side is SSB board has turners on it. OK go to menu then setup look for convergence if its not there/ then you have open Fuse FL231 ON right side of FBT flyback transfomer there is 3 in a roll small square brown looking caps but they are fuses. Will be right in front of you.on board. FBT is gray/black has 2 wires coming out from it. red'/bl

Jan 03, 2009 | RCA R52WH73 Projection Television

1 Answer


Go to menu setup Look for convergence if you do not see convergence then you have open fuse on deflection board.FL231

Aug 31, 2008 | RCA D52W19 52" Rear Projection Television

1 Answer

Rca tv

i assume you speaking of the fusable link that causes the convergence problem... IF the convergence option is not visable in the setup menu. then possibley FL231 is the problem this is a small rectangular fuse brown or tan in color. this is located on the deflection board on left of the set from the back. there is a large black component with a large wire coming out of the top. this is the flyback.. to the right of it on the board is three small rectangular componts brown or tan in color. the fl231 is the middle one of these. the curcit board has index markings like a map these components are located in Q5 Quadrant. When replacing this rember to resolder connections on flyback(that large black thing with wire out the top) This is why the fuse blew to begin with

Jun 08, 2008 | RCA P52937 52" Rear Projection Television

Not finding what you are looking for?
Televison & Video Logo

Related Topics:

435 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top RCA Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

74136 Answers

matt martin
matt martin

Level 3 Expert

1210 Answers

Computer Repairing
Computer Repairing

Level 3 Expert

14641 Answers

Are you a RCA Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides