Question about D-Link AirPlus DI-614+ Wireless Router
HI! I bliv u are having some issue setting up ur router.. I will be to assist u. here are the steps u need to do:
1. press the reset button on the back of the router for 20sec..while pressing the reset button, unplug the power plug and after 2secs while pressing the reset button plug it back in and press for 30secs after that unplug the router for 15secs then plug it back in..once all the lights are solid and ok
2. connect the ethernet cable to port1 of the router and the other end to the lan port of your computer..
3. pull up ur browser then type at the url:192.168.1.1.or 192.168.0.1 or u can check the routers default gateway by right clicking the network icon on the lower right of your task bar and click on status and it will show the ip address of the computer, subnetmask and default gateway, the default gateway is the routers ip address, once u type in to the url, it will ask u the username and password, by default the username is admin and the password is 1234 or just leave it blank
4. it will show the setup page of the router. u can set the router on the specific internet setup that u have.
a. if ur isp is a cable company, normaly u need to do a mac clone on the router setup page by cloning the computer that is reg to the cable company, how to determine it. ex. the computer that is reg to the cable company is a desktop or laptop, if this computer is connected to the modem directly and u can access internet.
b. once u determined it u need to connect this computer directly to the router and do a mac clone and set ur internet settings to auto-dhcp..then save the settings and after that, unplug to the power of the modem and router, plug in 1st the power of the modem then once all lights lit, plug in the router, then once all lights lit, try to pull up a browser that ur computer is connected directly to the router.. ur cable connection shud be, cable from the modem will go to the WAN port of the router and connect ethernet cable on port1 going to the lan port of the computer..once u can access the internet, u can now access again the setup page of the router by typing at the url:192.168.0.1 and u can setup the wireless settings, u need to create a ssid or wireless name and a security..on the setup page u will see the wireless network setting
5. If ur isp is a dsl normaly they give u a username and password to connect to the internet, ur settings on the router should be PPPoe
6. If ur isp gives u a static ip address settings, u need to set the router to isp setup.
a. how to check the isp of the isp given to u..
1. click on start
3. type cmd
4. it will show a dos prompt
5. from the dos prompt type ipconfig/all
6. it will list the ip address, subnet, default gateway, dns server
this settings should be type in to the settings on the router for static ip addressing..
if you have any query pls feel free to get in touch.. good luck
Posted on Sep 27, 2009
Simply go into the router settings using the software provided with the router and set a security code.
Posted on Sep 27, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 05, 2015 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
on Mar 28, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
on Dec 04, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jan 28, 2015 | HTC Wildfire A3333 Cell Phone
Sep 28, 2012 | Belkin (F5D7231-4) Wireless Router
Mar 14, 2011 | Sony Video Game Consoles & Games
Jun 09, 2010 | Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO (F5D9230-4)...
Jan 16, 2010 | Lexmark X6650 4-In-One Wireless InkJet...
Jan 01, 2010 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Dec 19, 2009 | 2wire 1800HG Router (RG1800HG00)
Mar 09, 2017 | D-Link AirPlus DI-614+ Wireless Router
125 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!