Question about Electrical Supplies
My starter pinion is broken. Suzuki has listed this part as N.L.A.It is a Nippondenso starter.Numbers on the tag are 31100-87400 ,12v,ccw rotation veiwed from drive end.The pinion has 9 teeth. Kohler uses N.D. starters on their engines,could they have a usable starter drive?
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Can't search for a manual without model, type, serial, etc numbers...
A few things to take a look at:
1) Oil level / pressure sending unit. This is normally bypassed as long as the start switch is pressed. When engine starts, and switch is released, engine will die if sending unit is defective, or you are low on oil.
2) Exhaust temperature sensors. Older units were notorious for burning these up.
3) Cooling Water Temperature sensor. These cause trouble often, but mostly due to water pump impeller being eaten away by galvanic action and not able to pump water as effecively. End result is water temp higher than normal, which trips the switch, which kills the engine.
4) Alternator (generator) output not as it should. If output doesn't rise to proper level within a few seconds of engine start, the engine will be shut down.
5) Choke not working as it should
6) Bad fuel, bad fuel pump, clogged fuel filter.
Posted on Jun 12, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 28, 2017 | 2007 Suzuki GSX-R 600
Jul 17, 2016 | Suzuki Motorcycles
Jul 02, 2016 | 2000 Suzuki GSX-R 600
Mar 05, 2016 | Suzuki Motorcycles
Jan 01, 2016 | Suzuki Motorcycles
Oct 13, 2015 | Suzuki Motorcycles
Jun 19, 2014 | 2005 Suzuki Boulevard C90T
Nov 23, 2013 | Suzuki Cars & Trucks
Jun 21, 2009 | Sport & Outdoor - Others
176 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!