My Panasonic SC-HT995W keeps on flashing W and the rear speakers wont work. Ive tried turning off all other wireless devices but it still persists
I had exactly the same problem. My unit worked fine until a loose power cable resulted in the receiver being turned on and off a couple of times in quick succession and then after this the a/c in light on the rear speaker was lit but the wireless link light would not come on (and the 'W' on the main unit flashed constantly). The solution for me was basically a reboot. This is what I did;
- unplug the wireless receiver
- unplug the main unit
- remove the digital transceiver unit from its slot in the back of the main unit
- plug the main unit back in and turn it on - the 'W' won't flash as the transceiver has been removed (not sure if you if it's necessary but I made sure it was producing sound to the front speakers)
- unplug the main unit again
- reinsert the digital transceiver
- plug the main unit back in, turn it on and set it to produce output/sound (the 'W' will be flashing)
- then plug the wireless receiver back in again
...presto the link is made, the 'W' stops flashing and the rear speakers work again.
Hope this elaborate reboot works as well for you as it did for me.
Aug 08, 2010 |
Panasonic SC-HT995W System