Question about NetGear - WG311 - 54Mbps 802.11g/b Wireless PCI Adapter (TGN1001486P)
Hi, follow the steps below to configure wireless connection settings on the computer with WG311v3 adapter:
1. Right click on My Computer icon and go to Manage.
2. Go to Services then go to Service and Applications.
3. Double click on Wireless Zero Configuration.
4. Change the Start Up Type to Automatic and click on Apply
5. Click on Start and press OK to close the window.
6. Go to 'Control Panel', Click on Classic View in the left hand side menu and then open 'Network Connections'.
7. Right-click on the wireless Network Connection icon and select 'Properties'.
8. Go to the 'Wireless Networks' tab .
9. Check the option 'Use Windows to Configure this Wireless Connection' and click 'OK'.
Now please perform the following instructions to connect to the wireless network:
1. Go to 'Control Panel', Click on Classic View in the left hand side menu and then open 'Network Connections'.
2. Right-click on the wireless Network Connection icon and select 'Properties'.
3. Click on the 'wireless network' tab.
4. Under Preferred networks if you see any name in the list then highlight the name and click remove. Click OK.
5. Right-click on the wireless Network Connection icon and select 'View Available Networks'.
6. Look for the SSID (aka Network Name) of the Wireless router or access point.
4. Highlight thee SSID from the list that you want to connect to.
5. Type the security Key here and click on the 'Connect' button.
6. You should have successfully established a wireless network connection.
I hope this information allows you to resolve this issue.
If I have helped you, please help me, and rate this suggestion the highest FixYa rating. If you cannot rate this post with the highest rating, then please comment to this post and I will try to help you further.
Posted on Sep 27, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
I did two things to resolve this issue
1. Downgrade the router to a lower version.If your router is Netgear WGT624 v3 use this link to downgrade your router
(this help to avoid getting a errro message "Unable to join network")
2. Reconfigure you Wifi network by going to setting ---->under choose a network---> others-----> Enter your SSID name (seen at the back of your router) ----->under the security tab selet the same encyrption standard as that of your router which you can see when you log in to the router (usually router IP 192.168.1.1) ---->setup ------>wireless setting----> security option. This one helps you to join your home wifi as soon as you enter your home.
I hope this one works as it worked for me
Dec 29, 2010 | NetGear WGT624 Wireless Router
Oct 14, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jul 05, 2009 | NetGear WG311 54 Mbps 802.11g Wireless PCI...
Dec 15, 2008 | NetGear WG311T 802.11g/b (wg311tge)...
Apr 02, 2008 | NetGear - WG311 - 54Mbps 802.11g/b...
Oct 16, 2007 | NetGear - WG311 - 54Mbps 802.11g/b...
Bluetooth is not WiFi, they are two seperate technologies.
you need a Wireless adapter 802.11b/g for your laptop,
you would connect the two to each other using an adhoc connection,
If you had a wireless router for your internet you could connect directly to the router, (and then you would not have to have your main computer on for you to access the internet.
BTW if your Main machine is near your phone point (for internet connection) you would not need a wireless card for your pc, as you could connect via LAN cable to the wireless router (make sure you get one with lan ports)
Oct 15, 2007 | NetGear - WG311 - 54Mbps 802.11g/b...
Aug 22, 2007 | Dell Inspiron 6400 Notebook
1,224 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: