Question about NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Please follow the steps on a computer connected to the router so as to check the WPA key:
1. Open the browser(Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox).
2. Access the router usually http://192.168.1.1 else try http://www.routerlogin.com
3. Login to the router with the Username as admin and password as password (unless you have changed it).
4. Click on Wireless Settings'(under Setup) from the left menu.
5. Check if 'WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy)' or 'WPA-PSK (Wi-Fi Protected Access Pre-Shared Key)' is selected under 'Security Options'.
6. If WPA-PSK is selected, copy the code entered in the passphrase.
7. If WEP is selected, copy the code entered in the key that has been checked.
This is the code required for connecting the wireless computer to the routers' wireless network.
In some cases, for security reasons the passphrase might show as asterisks. In this case type a new password and click apply. You will then have to use the same password for all the wireless devices connecting to the network.
I hope this information allows you to resolve this issue.
If I have helped you, please help me, and rate this suggestion the highest FixYa rating. If you cannot rate this post with the highest rating, then please comment to this post and I will try to help you further.
Posted on Sep 27, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 22, 2011 | D-Link DIR-600 Router
Feb 27, 2011 | Zoom (5590-00-03) Wireless Router (G66115)
Jan 20, 2011 | Buffalo Technology AirStation Nfiniti...
Jan 02, 2011 | Video Game Consoles & Games
Jan 01, 2011 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
Oct 29, 2009 | NetGear RangeMax NEXT WNR834B Wireless...
Aug 10, 2009 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
Jan 26, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Dec 02, 2007 | Archos 604 Digital Media Player
131 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: