Question about Mad Dog Multimedia MegaVault USB 2.0 External Drive Case
It sounds like it could be a USB issue. Yes, I realize it worked with other drives but USB can sometimes be flaky. Try these steps:
Check Device manager to see whether the device displays under the USB section or the Other Devices section. To do this, follow the procedures below:
1.Right-click My Computer, and click Properties.
2.Double-click the System icon, and then click the Device Manager tab.
3.Check for the device under the Universal Serial Bus controllers or under the Other Devices section.
4.If the device is found under Universal Serial Bus controllers or Other Devices, then remove the device from Device Manager, disconnect the USB device, restart the computer, and install the USB device software following the manufacturer's suggestions.
If the USB device is missing, double-click the USB Root Hub, click the Power tab, and then click Power Properties (if it is shown). The available ports and power usage is shown. Remove the devices and use a powered HUB if the displayed power is over 500mA. To check the properties of a HUB double-click HUB and the HUB information window will open.
Remove high-speed USB cables that are over three meters and use high-speed cables that are less than three meters.
There may be an issue with the USB port. Try plugging into a different USB port. If the USB device displays in Device Manager after plugging the cable into a different port, then Uninstall and reinstall the USB device software driver.
Disconnect all USB devices and use the following steps to remove the USB Host Controller:
1. Restart the computer and press the F8 key repeatedly after the first screen displays. A Startup screen displays.
2. Select Safe Mode and press Enter. Windows starts with Safe Mode displayed in all four corners of the desktop.
3. Right-click My Computer, and click Properties.
4. Click the ( +) plus sign next to the Universal Serial Bus.
5. Select USB Root Hub, and then click Remove. Continue until all USB Root Hubs are removed.
6. Close Device Manager.
7. In Windows 98 and Me, click Start, click Find, and click Files or Folders. In Windows XP, click Start, click Search, and then click all Files and Folders.
8. Set the Look in box to Local Hard (C:;D:).
9. In the Named box type usb.inf, then click Find Now.
10. Right-click USB, then Install.
11. Restart the computer and verify that the USB Root HUB exists in Device Manager.
12. Install the device software driver using the manufacturer's recommended method.
13. Reconnect the USB device.
Consult the manufacturer of the device for support if the device still fails to display.
NOTE: USB drivers for the notebook are part of the chipset. If necessary the USB drivers required by the notebook can be reinstalled from Application recovery.
Please leave me comments, if you need furthur assistance, else leave me feedback
Posted on Sep 27, 2009
Go to Computer Management in Admin Tools of Control Panel and see if drive J is visible to this tool. Also you will have to install its drivers if there are any before you can use one.
Posted on Sep 26, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 11, 2011 | Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop
Aug 18, 2010 | Mad Dog Multimedia MegaVault USB 2.0...
Dec 05, 2009 | Dell Computers & Internet
Nov 15, 2009 | Mad Dog Multimedia (MD16XDVD9) DVD±RW...
Sep 30, 2009 | Mad Dog Multimedia Predator 5.1 DSP 6...
Aug 20, 2009 | Mad Dog Multimedia MegaVault USB 2.0...
Mar 30, 2009 | Dell Computers & Internet
May 20, 2008 | Mad Dog Multimedia Megastor DL...
Dec 17, 2007 | Mad Dog Multimedia (MD16XDVD9) DVD±RW...
Aug 12, 2017 | Mad Dog Multimedia MegaVault USB 2.0...
98 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: