Question about NetGear WNR2000 Wireless Router
I have an ACER laptop running vista home ed sp2 and I cannot connect to my new WNR2000 router. I have brought a netgear wn111v2 which has worked fine with my pc and other laptops ( 2 run xp 1 runs vista). It did connect once but after robooting I cannot get it to connect again. The signal strength is good but even with nothing else connected I can't get this laptop to work. Please Help!
Perform the task below on the wireless VISTA computer:
1. Click START, Click Control Panel then click classic view in left hand side menu.
2. In the main screen, open up NETWORK AND SHARING CENTER.
3. In the left hand side menu open up MANAGE WIRELESS NETWORKS.
4. If you see any name in the list, please select the name and click remove.
5. Once the list is empty, click on ADD, select the first option, ADD A NETWORK THAT IS IN RANGE OF THE COMPUTER.
6. Click on your network name SSID and click on connect. If you have a password setup on the router enter the security key.
7. This should setup the wireless network.
I hope this information allows you to resolve this issue.
If I have helped you, please help me, and rate this suggestion the highest FixYa rating. If you cannot rate this post with the highest rating, then please comment to this post and I will try to help you further.
Posted on Sep 27, 2009
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 28, 2009 | Acer Aspire One Netbook 8.9" Notebook
Sep 16, 2009 | NetGear WNR2000 Wireless Router
Aug 24, 2009 | NetGear WNR2000 Wireless Router
Feb 16, 2009 | Acer Aspire 4315 Notebook
Aug 20, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Jun 17, 2008 | D-Link DIR-625 (790069292637) Wireless...
335 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!