Question about Canon PIXMA iP4200 InkJet Photo Printer
5100 error will occur if the film strips has a dirt or most common if
there s a drop of water or blots of ink..film **** strips are located at
the carriage unit.when you open the cover
you can see it place horizontally at tha back of the carriage unit.you can try this
1. Open the cover and wait for ink carriage to center
2. Pull out power cord
3. Push carriage to far left (should slide easily)
4. Use paper towel and wipe purge unit a lot of times (press down to soak paper towel with ink). Repeat until the paper towel is relatively clear.
5. Use diluted napisan (oxygen-based cleaning agent in the ratio of 1:3 with powder:water) and soaked paper towel
6. Repeat step 4 with wet paper towel. Repeat until purge unit is near-white.
7. Pull and push clear plastic wiper (north of purge unit) and wiped it down
8. Slide carriage back to original position
9. Remove Print head cartridge and wipe out excess ink stuck on bottom.
10. Plugged power back on.and test
Posted on Sep 26, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 22, 2009 | Epson Stylus Photo R200 InkJet Printer
Sep 28, 2009 | Nintendo NES Console
Aug 29, 2009 | KitchenAid 24 in. KUDI02IR Built-in...
Jan 28, 2009 | Sharp Multi-System Mini Component System...
Mar 09, 2008 | HP OfficeJet 5110 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 07, 2008 | Apple iPod nano
Dec 28, 2006 | HP OfficeJet 7410 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 12, 2006 | Roper FGP300 Gas Kitchen Range
94 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!