I have a Scotsman CME 506 ice maker. After running a cleaning cycle it won't run. After resetting the freeze light blinks and nothing happens. The water inlet valve never opens (the sump is current
CM3 Operational Sequence.
From Off, push and release the freeze button.
1. If sump is full,water pump starts.If sump is not full,water valve opens to fill it.
2. Compressor starts when sump is full.Air cooled fan motor starts too.
3. water pump stops early in freeze cycle for 30 seconds.
4. Sump refills after pump starts.
5. In low ambient condition,fan motor may begin to cycle on and off.
6. Freeze continues until water level in sump drops to preset point. Exceptions: SCE275 must fill sump two more times.
7. Fan may shut off before the end of freeze.
8. Harvest begins. Hot gas valve opens,pump stops.
9. Pump restarts, inlet water valve opens to fill and overflow the reservoir.
10. Harvest continues for preset first cycle harvest time.
11. If bin is not full, cycle repeats ( compressor stays on). If bin is full, unit shuts off at the end of harvest.
OK with that out of the way unless you unplugged any wires cleaning the machine should not have caused any problems. First cut off water and pull water supply line from water inlet valve look in the end of valve there is a screen in there it could be stopped up. If the valve screen is not stopped up then put supply water line back on and turn water back on. power the CM3 controller off. push freeze button. now with a voltage meter check at the water inlet valve to make sure you are getting power to the valve.If you are then either valve is stopped up or valve is bad. If you are not getting power to valve then replace the CM3 controller now make sure the bin full light is not on because if it is this will not let controller go back to a freeze cycle.
Oct 28, 2014 |
Kitchen Appliances - Others