I tried to reinstall vista and it is not working. i just put in a new motherboard and ram plus a new grapics card. my old one broke. i now am trying to put vista on my pc and it just doesnt work. can u help me
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Windows XP can cause blue screens on many occasions. Like ram failure, CMOS setting issues, OS problems or by any other Hard ware issues.
1. Make sure the bios settings are ok. It is always recommended if you can run your system with the default settings. To do this clear the CMOS by removing the battery and keep for around 1 minute. and put it back. (While this the power should be removed.) Now try and see if the problem is still go to step 2
2. Remove the RAM & Display cards and clean the contacts with a non dust eraser (dont use erasers with sand, old erasers as this might lead to worse problems.) Now try and see if the problem is still go to step 3.
3. Remove other cards and with out those cards check the problem is still there. Go to step 4 if the problem is still there. If its not there Clean the removed cards contacts with a eraser and fix the cards one by one and check.
4. Try installing OS.
If the problem is still it may be your hard disk, Motherboard or the processor. Better to check with a technician.
That would indicate that the hard drive is no good and either has a bad sector or needs to be replaced. Also before going out and buying yourself a new drive run the CHKDSK on the recovery console of the os disk. If that does not work trying reformatting. If it still does not work you will need to replace the drive.
all your old files should be in windows.old so you should be able to rescue any pics and music, documents etc. i might add there is a standalone rescue cd you can make... do a google for vista rescue disk to find it. In your case i would suggest at this point to save all the files in the .old folder that you want to keep.... and reinstall vista ... use the complete format option but only after you back up the files.
GO TO WINDOWS 1ST FOR UPDATES, DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS, REQUIRES YOU TO UNINSTALL, REBOOT, REINSTALL FROM REBOOT. PRINT DIRECTIONS FOR APPLICATION OR IF YOU HAVE ACCESS TO ANOTHER COMPUTER ITS EVEN BETTER.
Which motherboard (manufacturer? model-number?) do you have?
Which sound-card (integrated onto motherboard? separate PCI card?) do you have?
Are you plugging the microphone into the "pink" socket on your sound-card?