Question about Canon PIXMA MP190 All-In-One InkJet Printer
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: reset Ink levels for canon mx310
To Reset the Canon Cartridges Works 100%
Power off the printer
Hold the stop/reset button then press and hold power (for 5 secs)
Hold Power and release the stop/reset button
Press the stop/reset button twice
Relase power button
Wait until the power button lights a steady/still green, press the stop/reset button three times with a 3 sec space between each press.
On the 3rd press the inicator should be orange.
Press the power button to set data
To set data remove cartridges then replace.
leave for 20 or 30 secs
Press the power button again to shut down
Then press power button to power up.
The printer will feed one piece of paper through
then set language and counrty.
Then ink should be reset
Any problems contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on Feb 23, 2008
How to reset the Canon MP150 after a refill (Step 10 concerns refill; instructions below the steps):
Method1 (Safe Factory Method):
1) Disconnect the printer’s power outlet
2) Press and hold the power button while connecting the power outlet back.
3) While still holding down the power button, press the reset button twice.(red circle with a triangle)
4) Release the power button
The printer takes about 10 seconds to show the number 0.
5) Press + to change the value from 0 to 1.
6) When this value is 1, press colour button; this will light up two leds.
One is for plain paper and the other for photo paper. At this point is feed the printer with paper.
7) Press the power button twice and the printer will print a some stuff (if it doesn't print by itself, then press the "color" button once and the test sheet will print). Don’t worry much about the printed material. I got some stripped lines and some numbers. I believe that my colour cartridge is clogged which is why I got the green strips.
When you print this sheet the value in the display returns to zero.
8 ) Open the printer cover cover (not the scanner cover) and remove the cartridges. With the printer still open, disconnect the power outlet.
9) Close the lid and turn on the printer.
10) Refill cartridges and place them back in their nice little abode in the printer.
Posted on Jan 09, 2009
Hi, I have the same printer. There is no such thing as a special chemical added to the ink. The cartridge has a memory chip and remembers the number of droplets used by each cartridge. This is Canon's way of getting you to buy THEIR INK at outrageous prices. You need to reset the ink level indicator on each cartridge that you refill. Then be sure to refill the ink cartridge before it gets too low. Check out a CIS system that are available for this brand of printer. Don't buy into this special bogus ink story.
Posted on Jan 16, 2009
Breath and Relax... this should resolve your problem.
Routine maintenance and keeping full ink tanks will prevent this problem, however if you have the problem you can resolve it by doing the following:
1. Clean your ip3000 print head using denatured alcohol solvent which can be purchased from most hardware stores. If unavailable, use 91% Alcohol (isopropyl alcohol (first aid antiseptic) which is available for less than a dollar at most Walmart pharmacy departments.
*Warning: You may want to use a pair of latex exam gloves as this is a messy process and can stain your fingers.
Isopropyl Alcohol or denatured alcohol
sink, bowls and or basin
can of compressed air
very small screw driver
tablespoon or baby bulb type syringe
Time necessary 45-50 minutes
1. Lift print head from printer. It pulls out easily because it is held in with the same down lever that holds the cartridge in place.
2. Put two layers of paper towels in the bottom of a dish to protect sensitive sprayer heads.
3.Put enough solvent in dish to cover the screens on which the cartridges sit when in use.
4. Take the two small screws out that hold the white ceramic piece
5. Gently, pry the ceramic piece back and away , to reveal the underside (No need to pull away the glued points on the sides.)
6. Gently, move head up and down to slosh solvent around it the best as you can. Use a table spoon or syringe to pour solvent over all orifices in the print head, turning it upside down and then back a few times.
7. Use canned air with a plastic straw to blow into and through all orifices, alternately sloshing/swishing and pouring solvent over head (be careful not to touch any of the holes, screens, or sprayer heads with anything)
8. Empty dirty solvent from bowl and replace with paper towels and clean solvent. Soak for approx 10 minutes. Rinse again with clean solvent poured directly on all parts, letting solvent overrun and fall into dish or basin.
9. Gently shake the solvent off the head, take it outside and spray with compressed air into all orifices to clear out and help evaporate any remaining solvent. Let sit on a clean paper towel for approx 20 minutes. (There may be a little ink bleeding out of the head, but once it dries completely it does not present any problems.
10. Reinstall head, cartridges and it will print like a new printer.
SUGGESTION: For many years of problem free printing, keep a double set of ink cartridges, one set full at all times. Whenever a cartridge runs out of ink, replace it IMMEDIATELY, with a new one or a refilled one. This gives the print head no chance to dry out and create clogged heads. Routine maintenance of cleaning the heads every 24 months does wonders for keeping your ip3000 in new condition.
Happy Printing .
Posted on Feb 07, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 26, 2014 | Lexmark Office Equipment & Supplies
Aug 12, 2013 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Sep 12, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP210 Photo All-In-One Printer
Jul 04, 2010 | Canon I960 InkJet Photo Printer
Apr 30, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MX310 All-In-One Printer
Sep 29, 2009 | HP DeskJet F4280 All In One Printer InkJet
Mar 31, 2009 | Lexmark X2500 All-In-One Printer
Dec 23, 2008 | Lexmark X2500 All-In-One Printer
Dec 15, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP470 All-in-One Printer
Aug 07, 2006 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
21 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: