Question about Nikon Travelite V Binocular
This is more common than you would think.. Here's how to set up a pair of binoculars to suit yourself.
Any good binocular will be able to do this and the reason is to allow you to adjust them for the difference in strenght between your two eyes. I wear glasses myself and sometimes contact lenses so it's good to be able to quickly adjust them.
1. turn the binoculars over so you are looking at the underside.
2. on the eyepieces can you see on one eye(usually the right eye) a little plus - minus marking. The eyepiece should be able to rotate a little to each side of this marking.
3. Set the rotating eyepiece to the middle setting.
4. Look through the binoculars as normal and bring the two sides together until you form the two circles that you see into one.
5. Pick an object app 10 meters away.
6 Presuming that the adjustable eyepiece is on the right hand side then close your right eye, look at the middle distance object you chose with your left eye and use the central focusing knob/wheel in the middle to bring your left eyepiece into focus.
7. Now, close your left eye and adjust the rotating right hand eyepiece while looking at the same object until your right eyepiece is in focus.
8. The binoculars should now be set for the differences in strenght of your eyes and you can use the middle focus control as normal.
Most binoculars have a soft rubber eyepiece that can be folded back for people who wear glasses but I, like most people I know who wear glasses, find it horribly uncomfortable.
This method allows you to set them for yourself and if someone else uses your binoculars you can quickly reset them for you.
Hope this helps...
- Oh yeah, sorry, forgot to mention.. This set up is so you can use them without wearing your glasses.. Much more comfortable!!
Posted on Oct 20, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 21, 2013 | Fisher and Paykel 23 in. DD-603SS Built-in...
on Nov 22, 2010 | Health & Beauty
Nov 16, 2013 | Fisher and Paykel 24 in. DD603H W Built-in...
Jun 06, 2012 | Bissell 1699 ProHeat Clear View Upright...
Jun 19, 2011 | Televison & Video
Jan 29, 2010 | Nikon Action Binocular
Sep 29, 2009 | Rockstar Games Grand Theft Auto: San...
Aug 13, 2009 | Dell 3100cn Laser Printer
Apr 26, 2009 | Vivitar Optics
Dec 09, 2010 | Nikon Travelite V Binocular
497 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: