We lost power this morning & now the washer won't start. Dryer is on same circuit & works fine. Checked fire to the wall plug & fire is coming into the washer behind the control panel. Doesn't appear to have power coming to lid switch. Any suggestions?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Sometimes there is a GFI or ground fault interrupter switch in the circuit. This is a wall plate which has a mini switch between both plug-in holes in the wall plate. Sometimes these are wired in-line where you have 1 master and additional outlets. This means that if the wall plate your washer and dryer are plugged into does not have a little red or black button to push to reset, there may be another wall plate in that room which has it instead.
Sometimes circuit breakers in a fuse panel are marked wrong. You may need to reset a different breaker.
Sorry but with such a fault it is extremely difficult for anybody on this forum to remotely guess what is wrong with your washer.
It could be internal wiring/plugs sockets, control panel switches, control PCB.
I fear that your only real option is a service call as the engineer will have the right equipment to safely diagnose what is wrong.
If this has assisted you please consider a 4 thumbs up for the rating.
Thanks and good luck!
when my machine did exactly what you are describing
it turned out to be the on/off switch on the front panel going open circuit on the live side
replaced the switch now working ok
check the switch with a test meter making sure machine is disconnected from power supply
Power Surges. In my area we suspect that 70 to 80% of the repairs here are caused by power surges. They happen all the time, andyou do not have to lose power to have one. They can happen when you have lightning, windstorms or beutiful sunny days. You have to have a 2000 joule surge protector or higher on your washer, refer, microwave oven, and gas stove or dryer if you have them. For your washer , gas dryer, and refer you have to have a rectangular box wall mount surge protector. You cannot have a power strip surge protector on a cord as moisture can get into it and cause electrical fires. I have seen three major fires caused by power strips behind washers. Lowes and Best Buy sell wall mounted box surge protectors with a 2150 joule rating that have 3 plugs on each side that rotate from front to the side so that you can plug your refrigerator into the side and not have the refer sit out from the wall any more. Good Luck, Appliance Specialists.
Make sure there's power getting to the washer. Check for a
tripped circuit breaker or a blown fuse. Check the wall socket for
power. Sometimes the power cord disconnects at the washer, if this is
the case, the wiring must be repaired or replaced.
You said: Everything was working fine, now we get no panel lights, the dryer
light doesn't, dead in the water! Checked the plug...unplugged it and
plugged it back in. Checked the circuit breaker...ok. What next?
I'm sorry to tell you that you need hands on service. If I were there hands on I could diagnose the problem.
You may have an electronic malfunction and that only a trained technician can diagnose!
Bless You, huuum Please give me a good rating before you sign off thank You
You will be fine Bless You , huuum Please give me the best rating for this solved solution! Thank You!
i am a retired engineer of 20 years, and its about a year since i worked on combination washer/dryers but if the heater elements fine and power comes from timer there must be cut out somewhere around where it should warm up, look all round the machine one may be hidden or hard to spot there maybe about 3 one of them one of them could be a trigger device (you can press a button to reset it) that style is a very small cube about the size of a sugar lump with2 spades on it, others look like a small flat oval or round shape the size of a five pence piece with 2 spade wires on them, remove the plug from wall and remove these spades and check the contacts for continuity, you need not remove from machine to do so, no circuit + no heat, replacement item not expensive, thats where to start based on the information given, check the sensors you mention again, it sounds like your so close, good luck and work safe