Question about Epson R245 InkJet Photo Printer
How do I clean the print head of my Epson Stylus Photo R245? I have tried the cleaning cycle but I still have a bit of a problem and the cycle drinks ink. I have found on the net some so called cleaner cartridges but these are not by Epson. Do they work?
Many thanks in anticipation
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
1Eb means no black ink, 1Ec means no colour. Change the cartridges and you should be good. you will need Epson cart numbers: T007 Black T008 Colour
Posted on Sep 28, 2007
Hi - I have the R320, I downloaded the following driver epson11889_easyprint_310a from epson site. I uninstalled previous driver which was for the r200, installed this one and everything OK Status Monitor works fine.
Posted on Sep 17, 2008
Had the same problem - but the print head is actually easy to remove.
1) Remove ink cartridges
2) Remove 3 Phillips head screws at the bottom of the cartridge housing. (looking down from the printer front - top left, bottom left, top right).
3) There are 2 small plastic tabs on a plastic bracket that secure the flex cable on the right hand side of the cartridge housing. Gently release the tabs with a small flat head screw driver.
4) Lift the print head straight up (don't pull on the flex).
There may be a release for the flex to separate from the print head. But I did not see one. Instead I poured 1/4" of Windex in the bottom of a small plastic container and soaked my print head for about 15 minutes (occasionally agitating).
Then put back in reverse order - be sure to seat the flex in the guide (top-back-right) of the cartridge housing before screwing down. Then run a cleaning or two to flush the cleaning fluid out of the print head. (I have a waste ink tank installed so I am not worried about dumping excessive ink into the waste sponges).
The differences was remarkable - though there was still slight banding - maybe should have soaked longer (1 hr perhaps?) - I may repeat if it remains an issue.
Additionally there were large solid deposits on the left side of the print head which were responsible for scraping heavier weight photo paper. These dissolved in the Windex too.
Posted on Apr 07, 2009
Unfortunately, the Russian software does not work on a Mac, and it crashes at launch when installed in WZ98 under Virtual PC. However, I found this on another site, and it worked immediately:
The sequence to reset the waste ink counter is as follows:
WASTE INK ROM RESET ONLY 870, 1270
1. Turn the printer off using the power button on the panel of the printer.
2. Disconnect the interface cable at the back of the printer.
3. Hold down the "LOAD/EJECT" and "CLEANING" buttons simultaneously.
4. Turn the printer on. Release all buttons as soon as paper out light flashes.
5. Quickly press (within 3 seconds while PAPER OUT light is flashing) the "CLEANING" button for 10 seconds.
6. Release the button and the printer will initialize.
7. Once initialization is complete, turn the printer off.
8. Reconnect the interface cable.
9. Turn the printer on
Works great, no muss...no fuss!
Posted on Apr 29, 2009
The simplest way to do this is to grab a copy of the A10_IPR utility that Epson distribute to their customers...
The utility is available to North American customers if you register no this site page http://www.epson.com/ipr/
The utility is also know to be available in the wild if you search for "waste ink ipr".
Just remember to scan any download using a virus and malware scanner before you attempt to use it as some utilities contain trojans or similar nasties.
Hope that helps.
Posted on May 12, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 15, 2014 | Epson Stylus Photo R2400 InkJet Printer
Feb 16, 2010 | Epson Stylus NX115 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 15, 2010 | Epson Stylus DX4450 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 16, 2010 | Epson Stylus Photo R200 InkJet Printer
Dec 05, 2009 | Epson Stylus C88 InkJet Photo Printer
Apr 21, 2009 | Epson Stylus Photo R220 InkJet Printer
Jul 29, 2008 | Epson Stylus C68 InkJet Photo Printer
Aug 09, 2007 | Epson Stylus Photo R300 InkJet Printer
Aug 05, 2006 | Epson Stylus Photo 1280 InkJet Printer
31 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: