If you have tried the reset, then it could be one of the following:
1. faulty charger - Need to replace it
2. Faulty/failing battery - Need to replace it
3. Faulty contacts / cable - Need to replace the cable or service the unit
for faulty contacts.
If you are able to switch on the unit, try the following:
Please follow the steps below to recover and upgrade your player with the latest firmware:
- Make sure that your computer is online and connecting to the Internet.
- Launch the Firmware Manager at Start->Programs->Philips Firmware Manager on your PC.
- Connect your GoGear to the computer while pressing & holding the (>||) key until the Firmware Manager recognize the GoGear and a dialogue boxpop up in recover mode.** If you failed going to recovery mode, “pleaseconnect the device in recovery mode” is displayed please repeat step 1to step 3.
- Click Start to confirm and start recovering the unit to its factory setting.
IMPORTANT: All music & content of your GoGear Player will be erased once the factory setting is restored.
- Follow all screen instructions and click Finish at the end to complete the recovery.
- The Firmware manager will close automatically once the success message is displayed.
- You can now remove your player and start using it again.
You could also try to manually upgrade the firmware
and see if that helps...