Question about NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
HI, follow the steps below to configure settings:
Please follow the steps on a computer connected to the router so as to check the network key:
1. Open the browser(Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox).
2. Access the router usually http://192.168.1.1 else try http://www.routerlogin.com
3. Login to the router with the Username as admin and password as password (unless you have changed it).
4. Click on Wireless Settings'(under Setup) from the left menu.
5. Check if 'WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy)' or 'WPA-PSK (Wi-Fi Protected Access Pre-Shared Key)' is selected under 'Security Options'.
6. If WPA-PSK is selected, copy the code entered in the passphrase.
7. If WEP is selected, copy the code entered in the key that has been checked.
This is the code required for connecting the wireless computer to the routers' wireless network.
Now if your computer has windows XP then perform the steps below:
1. Right click on My Computer icon and go to Manage.
2. Go to Services then go to Service and Applications.
3. Double click on Wireless Zero Configuration.
4. Change the Start Up Type to Automatic and click on Apply
5. Click on Start and press OK to close the window.
6. Go to 'Control Panel', Click on Classic View in the left hand side menu and then open 'Network Connections'.
7. Right-click on the wireless Network Connection icon and select 'Properties'.
8. Go to the 'Wireless Networks' tab .
9. Check the option 'Use Windows to Configure this Wireless Connection' and click 'OK'.
Now please perform the following instructions to connect to the wireless network:
1. Go to 'Control Panel', Click on Classic View in the left hand side menu and then open 'Network Connections'.
2. Right-click on the wireless Network Connection icon and select 'Properties'.
3. Click on the 'wireless network' tab.
4. Under Preferred networks if you see any name in the list then highlight the name and click remove. Click OK.
5. Right-click on the wireless Network Connection icon and select 'View Available Networks'.
6. Look for the SSID (aka Network Name) of the Wireless router or access point.
4. Highlight thee SSID from the list that you want to connect to.
5. Type the security Key here and click on the 'Connect' button.
6. You should have successfully established a wireless network connection.
For Windows Vista on wireless computer perform the steps below:
1. Click START, Click Control Panel then click classic view in left hand side menu.
2. In the main screen, open up NETWORK AND SHARING CENTER.
3. In the left hand side menu open up MANAGE WIRELESS NETWORKS.
4. If you see any name in the list, please select the name and click remove.
5. Once the list is empty, click on ADD, select the first option, ADD A NETWORK THAT IS IN RANGE OF THE COMPUTER.
6. Click on your network name SSID and click on connect. If you have a password setup on the router enter the security key.
7. This should setup the wireless network.
I hope the steps above will help resolve the issue. If you need any further help please email us back so that we can continue to work on a solution.
I hope this information allows you to resolve this issue.
If I have helped you, please help me, and rate this suggestion the highest FixYa rating. If you cannot rate this post with the highest rating, then please comment to this post and I will try to help you further.
Posted on Sep 26, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 04, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Mar 24, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Feb 28, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jan 12, 2011 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Nov 16, 2009 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Nov 13, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Dec 31, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Sep 30, 2008 | Computers & Internet
May 13, 2008 | Belkin (F5D9230-4) Wireless Router...
Mar 29, 2008 | Buffalo Technology WHR-G54S Wireless...
52 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: