Question about Epson Stylus CX4800 All-In-One InkJet Printer
My Epson Stylus CX4800 All-In-One was working fine and now it wont print. It will make copys. I've checked all the connections and don't know what do now. Do you have any ideas?
One possible solution that we can advice is to do a complete trash & reinstallation of printer driver as well as the scanner driver.
For iMac with Leopard, there is a big possibility that the printer driver is not the correct epson series printer driver that's why you can't ink levels is unavailable. Just to set an expectation, printer driver for CX4800 is pre-installed as resident driver in Leopard. Please try to the following to solve that issue:
Determine Which Driver is Currently Being Used
1. Click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner of the Finder and open System Preferences.
2. In the System Preferences window, click on Print & Fax.
3. In the list of printers on the left side of the Print & Fax window, click once on your Epson printer to select it.
4. Check the name of the driver being used; it is displayed in the center of the Print & Fax window next to “Kind”.
5. If the driver name displayed next to “Kind” is Gutenprint, the incorrect driver is being used. Follow the steps in the next section to select the correct driver.
Selecting the Correct Driver
1. Turn off the printer.
2. Delete the print queue and remove the printer from Print & Fax by clicking on the minus (-) button under the list of printers. Click OK to confirm the removal.
3. Click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner of the Finder and open System Preferences.
4. In the System Preferences window, click on Print & Fax.
5. Turn on the printer. The system should add the printer automatically.
6. If the system does not add the printer or if it adds it using the Gutenprint driver, contact Apple for assistance. You may need to reinstall the Epson drivers provided with Leopard.
NOTE: To check ink levels, click the Utility button, then click EPSON StatusMonitor. The Supply Levels button will not show remaining ink levels for your Epson printer.
Posted on Jun 11, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 17, 2010 | Epson Stylus CX4800 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 19, 2010 | Epson Stylus CX4800 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 23, 2009 | Epson Stylus CX4800 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 30, 2009 | Epson Stylus CX4800 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 06, 2009 | Epson Stylus CX4800 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 20, 2008 | Epson Stylus CX4800 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 28, 2007 | Epson Stylus CX4800 All-In-One InkJet...
472 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!