Question about Computers & Internet
Hang on...I might have a line on the manual. I'll post when I get it.
Posted on Feb 03, 2008
1. Remove the battery compartment door by first removing the single screw beside it.
2. Insert the 3 supplied "AAA" Duracell batteries.
WARNING: Incorrect installation can permanently damage the electronic components. Be certain to align positive-to-positive, negative-to-negative.
3. Press the (F) Function key. One beep will be heard.
4. If the beep is not heard,
5. Remove the batteries; press the (F) key for 10 seconds.
6. Replace the batteries properly.
7. Replace the battery compartment door and gently tighten the screw to secure.
SETTING YOUR PERSONAL CODE
This alarm is pre-set with the disarm code of 1-1-1. To set your own personal code, follow these steps. Select three digits from 1 to 6 that you will not forget.
1. Press the (F) Function key.
2. Enter the pre-set code of 1-1-1, the red LED will illuminate.
3. Enter your three-digit code; the red LED will turn off.
To change your personal code, follow the above procedure.
ARMING THE ALARM
1. Press the (F) Function key, then the Lock key. Ensure that the red LED illuminates. There is a 10 second delay period during which the alarm will beep and the red LED will flash. After this, the alarm is armed.
2. After 1 minute the alarm will go into the "Conserve" mode to reduce battery drain while continuing to monitor motion.
DISARMING THE ALARM
The alarm is pre-set with a 3 second delay to allow you to enter your personal code without setting of the alarm.
To disarm, simply press your three digit personal code.
ADJUSTING THE TIME DELAY
To change the pre-set 3-second delay, simply press (F) Function key, then the Time key. Select your choice of a 3, 10 or 20 second delay by pressing the number 1, 2 or 3 respectively.
You can increase or decrease the alarm's sensitivity to movement through adjustment of the slide control located on the lower left side of the ELERT.
The portable ELERT has been designed to be fastened in a number of ways to protect any number of items.
1. Use the supplied mounting clip to screw to doors or objects.
2. With the supplied Velcro tape, you can easily affix and remove from virtually any surface such as computers or the frame of a metal door.
3. With the supplied nylon strap, you can secure around objects such as bicycles, skis, golf clubs or luggage.
In the event of a crisis or emergency, an immediate alarm can be sounded by simultaneously pressing the (F) and (Lock) together. Alarm will sound for 30 seconds, if armed will re-arm itself.
Illumination of the yellow LED indicates a "low battery" energy level. Replace with high quality Duracell batteries as soon as possible.
Low battery levels will not be detected in the "conserve" mode or when "off." Therefore alarm should be re-set monthly to watch for a "low battery" indication.
1. This alarm is not considered weatherproof.
2. Operating temperature range is -20°C to + 50°C (-4°F to + 122°F)
This alarm is intended only to aid in the detection of movement of an object and is not infallible, According to experts, a loud noise is often the best defense against either an intruder or a thief.
Posted on Nov 30, 2010
Thanks was just looking for instructions for many different Quorumproducts - because I got a hole box from my past away friend.
Sweden - thanks
Posted on Feb 06, 2009
Found my Elert bought in 1995 with lost instruction manual. This was helpful! Thanks a lot!
Posted on Apr 18, 2009
I have a elert and forgot how to set the alarm can u plz help ty
Posted on Aug 25, 2012
Got the directions justt have to scan them.
Posted on Jan 13, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 06, 2018 | Quorum Dryers
Nov 09, 2017 | Cell Phones
Sep 29, 2014 | Home Security
Aug 09, 2012 | Watches
Aug 02, 2011 | 1998 Nissan Altima
Jan 05, 2011 | 2000 Honda Passport
Nov 18, 2009 | 2004 Hyundai Elantra
Jun 18, 2018 | GE Computers & Internet
11,807 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!