Question about RCA Universal Remote Control
Here you go. This will work with most all universal remote controls. If you don't have the code do the following:
With automatic programming, the remote control tests all the codes available on the Code List and assigns the correct code for the selected device. Although this method can be more time-consuming, it eliminates the need to look up codes and enter them manually.
1. Turn off the device with which you want to use the remote control.
2. Press and hold the corresponding button on the remote control
(TV, VCR, SAT, DVD, CAB or AUD) until POWER INDICATOR illuminates. It should take a couple of seconds for the light to remain solid. The remote control is in programming mode.
3. Press and release power button. The POWER INDICATOR flashes once and stays on indicating the unit is in Power Scan mode.
4. Press CHANNEL up or CHANNEL down repeatedly until the device turns on.
5. When the device turns on, press OK to store the code.
• To exit without storing the code, press BACK.
• T he unit will search for the next code or the previous code if you press
CHANNEL up or CHANNEL down after the device turns on. (go slow you need to press OK when the TV turns on) if you mess up turn TV off and start over.
6. Press any other button. If the device responds, the remote control has been programmed. If the device does not respond, repeat steps 2-5.
Fill free to ask me questions about anything..........................
Posted on Sep 25, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 16, 2016 | Element Electronics HD LCD TV ELDFT404-B
on Apr 07, 2010 | RCA Universal Remote Control
Sep 19, 2015 | RCA (DTA800B1) Video Converter
Mar 15, 2014 | Universal Remote Control Televison & Video
 Press the button of the device you want to
control (for example TV).
 If the device turns on, press another button,
to confirm (for example CHANNEL UP)
 If the device you selected (TV) responds,
you will not need to program the remote.
If the device you selected (TV) does
not respond, you will need to program
There are very rare RCA remotes, with Sylvania TV can be programmed. Just try the above codes with your present RCA remote control. If it does not help, buy the above model RCA universal remote. You will get code list and all other related documents, how to programme it or so, with the device you do purchase. OK.
Jun 14, 2011 | Sylvania 6424FF TV
Apr 09, 2010 | ViewSonic PRJ-RMC-002 Remote Control
May 05, 2009 | RCA Universal Remote 3 Device Remote...
Dec 18, 2008 | Televison & Video
Oct 12, 2008 | RCA 257003 Remote Control
232 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!