Question about Maxtor OneTouch 4 500GB External USB 2.0 Hard Drive
When i first bought maxtor i formatted for mac.i want to format for pc. it wont open as it is connected to my pc. what do i do?
Since you want to format it, let's blow away the partition:
1. Right-click [My Computer]
3. Disk Management]
4. Find your Maxtor in the list or graph.
5. Once you are certain, then right-click the Maxtor entry (or graph) and select "Delete Partition"
6. Answer [Yes] to the next scary question.
7. If it has other partitions, you may want to examine them and delete them later.
8. You can now "New Partition" (right-click)
9. The create a "Primary" drive and format it.
Posted on Sep 25, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 25, 2014 | Maxtor Computers & Internet
Aug 05, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Nov 23, 2009 | Maxtor Personal Storage 3200 (M1227310)...
Oct 01, 2009 | Maxtor OneTouch III Mini Edition 120GB...
Sep 15, 2009 | Maxtor Personal Storage 3200 (U01E200) 200...
May 06, 2009 | Maxtor Hard Drive
Apr 27, 2009 | Maxtor Basics Personal Storage 3200 Hard...
Apr 01, 2009 | Maxtor OneTouch 4 Mini 120GB External USB...
May 16, 2008 | Maxtor OneTouch II external hard drive...
Oct 28, 2007 | Maxtor Personal Storage 3200 (U01E200) 200...
May 08, 2010 | Maxtor OneTouch 4 500GB External USB 2.0...
146 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: