Question about Lexmark X8350 Print, Scan, Copy and Fax All-in-One Multifunction Printer Plus Photo w/USB Printer ...
My X8350 stopped working this week. I have power to the printer, and I can see a blinking red light inside the printer when I open it up (as if to replace the cartridges). However, the control panel does not light up, and nothing happens when I press the Power button. It is a few years old. Has it just reached the end of it's life?
Please follow the instructions given below to know exactly when the light is blinking:
1. Disconnect the USB cable and the printer power cable.
2. Please disconnect the power supply from the back of the printer.
3. Then remove the cartridges from the printer.
4. Please reconnect the power supply back and turn on the printer.
5. If lights are blinking then printer encoder strip is most likely the problem. Unplug the
power from the printer. Open the front cover and move the cartridge carrier to the center.
You should see a white ribbon cable, a thin plastic strip and a black belt with teeth.
6. The thin plastic strip is the encoder strip. It rides in a sensor on the back of the
cartridge carrier that you will not be able to see. Reach in with the first finger of
either hand and carefully strum the strip as if playing a guitar.
7. The strip will need to be lowered slightly and brought towards you slightly. Please be
careful not to break the strip or your printer will not function. Once you believe the
strip is set correctly, plug the power back and let us know if the lights are still
8. If you cannot repair the strip, please let us know so that we can assist you further.
Please Note: Fixing the encoder strip is a delicate procedure. During the troubleshooting,
if the strip breaks, you will not be able to use the printer. We will replace the printer,
only if it is under warranty.
9. However, if lights are not blinking then try inserting one cartridge at a time and check
if you can see any lights blinking. If light blinks with one cartridge then that cartridge
Next, lets try to print the self test.
Begin by disconnecting the power supply from the wall (not the back of the printer) for at
least "30 seconds." This is essential. Then plug the printer back in and follow these
1. Press the "Copy" button.
2. Press the "Menu" button.
3. Press the down arrow button once or until the screen displays "Maintenance."
4. Press the check mark button to select the "Maintenance" menu.
5. Press the down arrow button three times until the screen displays "Print Test Page."
6. Press the check mark button to select this. The Self-Test will start printing.
The self-test should at least print out a set of either black or color bars, if not both
(if you have a printer with both color and black installed simultaneously.) Should this
test fail, try it again without cartridges installed. If the self-test still fails to take
paper in and make sounds like the carrier is moving across the paper, this is a hardware
issue, and the printer will require service. If the self-test completes without any
cartridges installed, run the self-test again with the color cartridge installed. (If you
have both black and color cartridges, after this test, run the test again with just the
black cartridge installed.) If you find that either cartridge causes the self-test to fail,
please let me know.
your's tech expert
Posted on Sep 08, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 12, 2015 | Chef's Choice Kitchen Appliances - Others
Jun 02, 2014 | Defiant Flood Lights. 180 Degree Outdoor...
Feb 17, 2014 | Epson WorkForce WF-7520 Wide Format...
Oct 24, 2010 | Lexmark X8350 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Dec 14, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP3000 InkJet Photo Printer
Aug 12, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 30, 2009 | Lexmark X8350 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jan 01, 2009 | HP PSC 1410 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Apr 18, 2013 | Lexmark X8350 Print, Scan, Copy and Fax...
131 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!