Question about NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
1. Login to the router's gui. Open a browser and on the address bar type in http://www.routerlogin.net or 192.168.1.1 and hit enter.
2. Once your on the login screen type "admin" for the username and then "password". Note this are the default login information. If you have changed the password to login to the router then you have to type the password you have set.
3. Once you are logged into the router's gui. On the left pannel of the screen click on the "Wireless Settings" link.
4. Locate for Security Encription (WEP) key.
5. Your security key is located on the option that has a radio dot on it. Normally it is key 1.
Note: If the key is all in "asterisk" that means the the key is encrypted. You can change it though. Just type in a 10 character long password.
It should be in Hexa format. It can be all numbers or a combination of the letters a-f and the numbers 0-9.
Hope this helps. Just let me know if you need further details.
Here is also a website that you can download the netgear manual for your referenc.
Posted on Sep 24, 2009
Log onto the router and under the wireless security tabs change your password to a new one and you should be able to use the wifi after that with the new password , also you will have to reconnect any pcs that use the wifi to the router using the new password
Posted on Sep 24, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 31, 2012 | Linksys WRT54GX2 Wireless-G Broadband...
Apr 06, 2017 | D-Link Computers & Internet
Mar 29, 2011 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Feb 28, 2011 | Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO (F5D9230-4)...
Feb 07, 2011 | NetGear WNR1000 Router
Feb 06, 2011 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Sep 11, 2010 | D-Link DGL-4500 Wireless Router
Jul 29, 2010 | 2wire 2700HG-B Router (2700HGB)
Jun 10, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jan 06, 2009 | Dynamode RADSLC4WG Wireless Router...
132 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: