Question about QPS Q-See Video Recorder

1 Answer

Is the camera cable the power source also meaning it will power the camera and if so can you add onto the original cable by buying the q-see cable

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.


    An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.

  • Expert
  • 78 Answers

No, there is a different power source, and power isnt used for running the unit while the unit is connected to something else, other than a power cord.

if it is the power cord itself, that you are referring to, then im not sure if that can be done, but you'd best stick with the normal methods, and not worry about adding onto anything. if in doubt, read the manual or contact the manufacturer and ask them. i'm semi-familiar with these units, but havent played around with them too much when it comes to adding on.

Posted on Sep 24, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

2 Answers


Hi, Same problem as mine! Are u suing the original Samsung CX511n cable? If not, video will not appear! Buy the original cable!

Jun 15, 2011 | Samsung SyncMaster 510N/512N,SyncMaster...

1 Answer

Wont power up!

what do you mean you can't change the source from tuner to DVD? or you mean the changing of function!? can you give me the exact information trouble to your unit!? thanks...

Dec 02, 2007 | Pioneer AVH-P7480DVD Car DVD Player

1 Answer

I'm trying to add a Digitech X Series EX-7

You CANNOT use the Voodoo as it outputs DC voltage and the EX-7 requires an AC voltage and of 9 VAC and also 1.3 amps at that.

May 07, 2011 | Digi-Tech Digitech X-Series Synth Wah...

2 Answers

When I attempt to download photos onto my laptop I either get a message saying the USB hub cannot take the power level required or there is no recognition at all. Any suggestions?

You might want to consider NOT connecting your camera to your computer.

The best way to download pictures from your camera to your computer involves removing the memory card from the camera and plugging it into a card reader (either built-in to the computer or connected via USB or FireWire). This is likely to be faster than connecting the camera to the computer, and won't run down your camera's batteries.

Once the card is plugged in, it will appear to your computer as a removable drive. You can use the operating system's drag&drop facility to copy pictures from the card to the computer's hard drive, the same way you copy any other files. Or you can use any photo cataloging program.

Jan 20, 2011 | Vivitar ViviCam 8400 Digital Camera

1 Answer

What does FL flashing on the screen means?

FL means Full (or Full Load). The camera has no more storage space to keep your pictures, so doesn't allow you to take them.

Inexpensive cameras like this do not have the option to add extra storage, so you are limited by what the manufacturer installs.

Along with the camera, you should have got a disk and cable in the kit. What you need to do is download the pictures onto your computer, then delete them from the camera memory (usually menu options on installed software).

At that point, your camera should be fit to take another set of pictures.

Mar 02, 2010 | Cobra DC150 Digital Camera

1 Answer

Digipower BP-BG1 doesn't work in SONY Cybershot 220

Take it back to best buy and get the original Sony battery.

Aug 13, 2009 | Cameras

1 Answer

Out of memory nikon coolpix 5200 w512mb memory card. Help!

You need to download the images that are on that memory card to a computer, burn the images to a CD or otherwise store them. Another, more expensive alternative is to buy a new memory card. 512MB is really pretty small, and you can buy a 2-4 GB card (400 to 800% MORE storage than your current card!) for under $20 if you find one on sale. The big concern with most people is when it comes to memory cards is "write speed". I find that in most all situations (read 99.5% of all users) this really doesn't matter and you can save a significant amount of money if you buy lower write speed discs. Write speed simply means the time it takes to download the image from the card to another source, such as a hard drive. It does NOT indicate how fast the image writes to the card, which is usually governed by the camera and buffer configuration within the camera itself.

To save the images to a computer, attach the camera with the USB cable that was provided with the camera to your laptop or computer. After attaching the cable to both, go to "My Computer" and look for a listing in removable drives that shows your camera's name. Double click onto this and you should see a folder. Double click onto the folder and select/copy all of the images in the folder and paste them into whichever folder on your hard drive you want. Once all of the images are on the hard drive (And yes, double check them before you do the next step!) you can once again select all of the images on the card and hit the "delete" button or go into the camera's menu and format the card (which is preferable). Again, ensure that all of your images recorded and can open on the hard drive before doing this.

Jul 10, 2009 | Nikon Coolpix 5200 Digital Camera

1 Answer

Cannot get video off camera onto computer!

You mean pictures come off but not video? Why not plug the card directly into your card slot on your PC rather than using the camera cable?
If you don't have a card slot, you can buy a USB to SD adapter for $10-$15. Then just copy /paste the file(s) directly from the card to your PC.
Just a suggestion.

Mar 28, 2009 | HP Photosmart 735 Digital Camera

1 Answer

Lost my usb cable

I don't know in which country you live (this is helpful to know!), but in most stores offering cameras and many offering electronic items, you should be able to procure a kit of adaptors that will include a cable to use with them.
In the US at least, Wal-Mart, Best buy, Circuit City and Radio Shack are likely sources.
Elsewhere (?) you are on your own.

Jun 17, 2008 | Praktica DCZ3.2S Digital Camera

Not finding what you are looking for?
QPS Q-See   Video Recorder Logo

Related Topics:

46 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top QPS Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

75581 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers


Level 3 Expert

80557 Answers

Are you a QPS Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides