Question about Western Digital (WD3200JS) 320 GB Hard Drive
Where do I find answer id 287 I want to format my wd drive as a mac drive in osx
Posted on Jul 27, 2010
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 05, 2014 | Western Digital My Book Essential Edition...
Nov 02, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Mar 05, 2012 | Western Digital Passport WDXML800UE...
Feb 11, 2018 | Western Digital 3TB My Book Essential USB...
May 28, 2011 | Western Digital My Book Essential 1TB...
To format the drive for MAC OSX
1. Connect the drive to your computer.
2. Open Disk Utility. (Applications folder > Utilities folder > Disk Utility). Select the hard drive in the left hand column and click on the Erase tab.
3. In the Volume Format drop-down menu, select Mac OS Extended *.
4. Once you have selected the format and have named the drive, click on Erase. You will be presented with a 'Are you Sure' dialog.
5. The drive will format and upon completion will be available for use.
Note: * For the best performance, we recommend using Mac OS Extended format. However, if you will be transferring files between a Windows system and a Macintosh, format the drive as MS-DOS (FAT32) or use a program such as MediFour
Apr 23, 2011 | Western Digital Computers & Internet
Jan 09, 2010 | Western Digital My Book Essential 500GB...
Jan 08, 2010 | Western Digital Elements powered by WD 320...
Mar 08, 2009 | Western Digital My Book Essential 500GB...
Oct 16, 2008 | Western Digital 500GB My Book World...
592 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: