Question about Televison & Video

1 Answer

My Bush TV combo model LY 1911 WCW, when it is playing TV, outputs to my hi-fi audio amplifier via the Scart socket. However, when it is playing a DVD or CD, it apparently only outputs via the headphone socket. This is inconvenient. Is there any way of getting a more convenient connection to the audio amplifier when the combo is playing a DVD or CD?

Posted by on

  • s_kirsch01 Sep 25, 2009

    As indicated in this solution and the other, I have purchased a scart adapter and this makes the connection much easier to establish.



1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 11,896 Answers

You either have the headphone jack to the rca inputs of an stereo/amp. That seems to work good when I do it. Turn stereo up 1/2 way and control the rest with tv remote.

They do make a cable that goes from headphone jack to rca. Do make sure it is one that has two channels 4 wires on the headphone jack part, otherwise it will only be mono sound.

Otherwise the only other way you could do this is if your set had rca outputs and you could run them straight to rca inputs on the stereo/amp

Posted on Sep 24, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Have hearing problem, need to attach speakers to TV. We can't find a port for plug

Most TVs have a headphone socket. Some have an audio output socket and others have a scart socket but I haven't seen a TV that has a means of attaching speakers directly.

If there is an audio output it can be connected to a hi-fi or an amplifier and speakers and similarly a scart adaptor can be used for the same purpose.

Probably the best and easiest way is to use the headphone socket and plug in a pair of powered computer speakers

Mar 26, 2017 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

I would like to find out how to play audio from my panasonic viera tx-40cx400b tv/other devices e.g. xbox one etc through to my Teac A-H300 amplifier.

Having looked at the TV, you will have a lot of problems trying to connect to that amp. The TV has a digital optical out output only. The disc player you mentioned will also be out only. You need a optical "in" for them both. The TV has no analogue out sockets. The only chance you might get any sound out is via the scart socket. If that is fully wired, then the scart might produce L&R analogue out. A scart plug with RCA connections (make certain it has both audio in and out) might produce some sound for the amp.
Otherwise no chance!

The amp you have was not made to work with digital signals. The TV will produce high quality Dolby 5.1 sounds. Assuming you get the scart to produce the sound, then you will only get stereo sound, little better than the TV itself!
I therefore recommend you get a decent digital amp that you connect all your future devices too. One that has HDMI connectors as well as at least two optical inputs.
Onkyo make some excellent models. For example this model would do the job Onkyo TXSR444 Home Cinema Receiver.

Feb 25, 2016 | Teac A-H300 Amplifier

1 Answer

How can I set up a Bush Digi Box with 2 scart sockets to a Sony combined DVD & Videao Recorder with 2 scarts to a Sony TV with 3 scarts

Bush Digi box - 'TV' SCART to TV

Bush Digi box - 'VCR' SCART to DVD/Video recorder 'TV' SCART

The digibox will pass through when the DVD/VCR is playing.

Aug 30, 2014 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

How do I connect my marantz pm8200 to TV

You can connect TV RCA outputs to any line input e.g. tape, tuner, CD etc on the Marantz. If your TV doesn't have separate RCA outputs use a 'scart to RCA audio outputs' adaptor... TVs have a standard line output level compatible with most if not all hi-fi.

Aug 12, 2014 | Marantz Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

Directions for plugging your 4head hi fi stereo ito your tv

You don't really say what make or model is the TV or VCR. However if you have a TV with a scart socket you can get a scart lead and connect the VCR via that. If the VCR has two scarts connect it via AV1 sometimes black whereas the other might be blue. If the TV has more than one you will have to try each one, unless it says VCR on the scart socket, till you get the best picture.

Dec 09, 2011 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

Hi, I bought a Bush L319 tv and the audio out of it is rubbish with only 3w speakers. It says it has a digital coaxial audio output but with the tv in an apartment abroad I dont know what sort of output...

I suppose we get what we pay for. I would do exactly that. A decent amplifier and off you go. The sound quality going to the external amplifier is as good as any other system it is just the internal speaker/amplifier is a bit basic.

Mar 10, 2011 | Bush 2871NTX 28" TV

2 Answers

Trying to attatche the stereo to the television so it goes through the speakers

Does the Stereo have an RCA type aux imput?
If it does you should be able to connect the TV via that. If the TV has a scart socket, but no audio out sockets you can get various scart boxes that will have RCA audio out sockets on.

Jan 03, 2010 | Sony MHC-NX1 Shelf System

1 Answer

I want to take an audio signal from the tv to an AMP.


this should sort you out..


Nov 21, 2009 | Digital Audio 5-OUTPUT COMPONENT VIDEO...

1 Answer

Hi, I have a Denon PMA320. I would like to connect it to a Hitachi 32LD6200 TV. How do I get the sound from the TV through the amp please? Many thanks, RichT

If the TV has audio out jacks then you can connect them via a lead to the amp. If not the you can use a scart socket. You can get a scart plug with audio and video RCA jacks on the other end of it and connect that to the amp. If the TV has only one scart and you are using it for a video or DVD device, get a scart adapter with more than one socket.

Jun 28, 2009 | Denon PMA-100M Amplifier

1 Answer

Trying to connect digital audio output optical terminal to existing analalogue hi-fi amplifier

there should be on the tv out a red and white rca output or a coaxial, your yamaha my be too old to deal with the outputs on the tv. at the jvc website you can download the manual for this tv.

Apr 26, 2008 | Televison & Video

Not finding what you are looking for?
Televison & Video Logo

Related Topics:

38 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

74198 Answers

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

5124 Answers

Electro Med Services...
Electro Med Services...

Level 3 Expert

6694 Answers

Are you a Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides