Question about Dell OptiPlex GX260 PC Desktop
It can be meaning your keyboard is damage.
buy a new one.
Posted on Sep 26, 2009
PLS INSTRALL THE PROPER DRIVER OF THIS KEY BOARD. OTHEWISE THIS KEY BOARD IS DAMAGE.
Posted on Sep 25, 2009
I think u need to restart the pc ..if the problem still persist try another keyboard fm a friend on ur pc or try urs on another freind's pc to discover wether the problem in the keybord or in the sytem unit
best rgrds /karim farah
Posted on Sep 24, 2009
Turn you computer off. Check to see if the keyboard is plugged in all the way. Now turn the system on.
Do the lights on the keyboard flash when the system turns on?
Can you push the caps lock key and get the caps lock light to turn on?
Can you push the numlock key and get the numlock light to turn on?
No? Well I would then try another keyboard. It's quite possible yours is broken.
Posted on Sep 24, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 01, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Nov 26, 2012 | HP Compaq Presario S3200nx PC Desktop
Jun 22, 2017 | Pentair Minimax NT Heater
Sep 04, 2011 | HP Pavilion a1600n (882780776265) PC...
How to fix Keyboard problems:
1. Due to wear and tear, the keys for certain characters on a keyboard will wear out. This happens for more commonly used characters. If the problem is due to loose or improper contact, you can try to fix the key back. If this does not work, you can replace the key with a new key purchased from a computer store. Love your keyboard by handling it gentle.
2. Sometimes the keyboard drivers can get corrupted. You need to change them or test the driver.
Go to My Computer :::>Hardware:::>Device Manager and uninstall the keyboard. For windowsXP Start:::>Control panel:::>Keyboard:::>Hardware:::> uninstall keyboard. Restart the computer, the keyboard should get reinstalled automatically.The keyboard should start working again. If not so get keyboard drivers by updating windows or manufacturer web site.
Always use computer or antivirus protection - run a free computer antivirus scan or any other anti-virus since virus can corrupt system files. get one now!
3. Try to swap the keyboard with another keyboard which works properly on another computer. If the alternate keyboard has the same problem, there may be a problem with the keyboard circuit on motherboard.
If the alternate keyboard works properly, check if the keyboard cable is properly connected, whether wires in the keyboard cable are connected properly.
4. Open out the keyboard and check if the keyboard fuse is working. If the fuse has blown, replace it with another fuse of the same rating and size.
5. If you spill water or any liquid on the keyboard, switch off the computer immediately. Unplug the keyboard, turn the keyboard upside down and keep it out for drying either in the sun or under a fan. If some other sticky fluid has been spilled on the keyboard, use a moist cotton swab or ear bud to clean computer or wipe away the fluid. Only when it is completely dry, (it will take a minimum of 24 hours depending on the weather), connect the keyboard back to your computer.
6. For USB keyboard change the USB ports or unplug the keyboard from the USB port then plug it back until it responds or detected. Usually the keyboard led(indicator) lighting up should show a successful connection.
7. Set the speed of character repeatation. For windowsXP Start:::>Control panel:::>Keyboard:::>Speed:::>make adjustments.
8. Set the blinking rate of cursor. For windowsXP Start:::>Control panel:::>Keyboard:::>Speed:::>make adjustments.
9. Go for a typing course or tutorial on how to use keboard features.
10. For discolouration or fading of white keyboard. Use good computer cleaners,soft cloth, whiteners or vinegar mixed with water to keep the original white colour or clean. don't use bleach or rough material to clean. disconnect the power supply. switching to good black keyboard can comfort you.
Dec 27, 2010 | Dell Inspiron M5030 Laptop
Dec 22, 2010 | Yamaha Full-Size Keyboard
Mar 21, 2010 | HP P2360AA Keyboard/Mouse
Jul 29, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Feb 13, 2008 | Logitech Cordless Desktop S 510
80 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: