Question about Audio Players & Recorders
I just put some new songs on my e250r sansa mp3 player and it was working good for a while but then when i played one of the new songs it froze and now when it starts up it refreshes and then goes to a black screen, ive tried to put it in recovery mode but it does the same thing, i would just go in and erase everything but when it is that black screen it wont connect to my pc, is there a program i can download to erase or everything or what? FIXYA HELP ME!!!! Hi mike i have same problem, but i cant figure it out the solution as u wrote that plz find recover mode. but how can i find? Also i tried to hold menu/power key for 30 seconds but nothing happen. plz help me out I just put some new songs on my e250r sansa mp3 player and it was working good for a while but then when i played one of the new songs it froze and now when it starts up it refreshes and then goes to a black screen, ive tried to put it in recovery mode but it does the same thing, i would just go in and erase everything but when it is that black screen it wont connect to my pc, is there a program i can download to erase or everything or what? FIXYA HELP ME!!!!
Try to remove the battery, wait 30 seconds and replace it
this should reset your sansa,
a real hard reset isn't possible,
you can format it though
warning, this removes everything
To format your Sansa E200 series MP3 player:
1. Open "My Computer."
2. With the player plugged into the USB port, right-click on the player (if in MTP mode) or the drive letter for your player (if in MSC mode) and select "Format" from the right-click menu.
3. Press "Start."
4. You will receive a warning that the format process will erase all data on your device.
IMPORTANT: Make sure you have backed up all of your data from the device before continuing with the format. Procedure will erase everything off the player. Agree to the warning.
5. The format will complete. Close the format window and your player should be ready to use.
After the format, please install the latest firmware update for your player. Please visit the following link to download and upload the Firmware on your Sansa E200:
PLEASE NOTE: All files will be deleted. Backup your files. Your MP3 player must be in MSC mode before installing the Firmware update.
To set your player in MSC mode, please do the following:
1. When the player is turned on, press the “Menu” button.
2. Navigate to the “Settings” menu.
3. Navigate to “USB”.
4. Under the “USB” menu, go to “MSC”.
After changing the player to MSC mode, reconnect it to your computer. The screen on the MP3 player should read “USB Connected” and "MSC”
You can now complete the Firmware update download from SanDisk.com on your device.
1. Unplug any other USB flash drives that's connected to any of your USB ports.
2. Download the firmware to your PC
3. Plug in your e200
4. Double-click on the downloaded firmware (e200fw01.00.12.exe) and follow instructions
5. Unplug your e200
6. Device will do it's own update process and will restart.
The device should be ready to be used again.
Posted on Dec 16, 2007
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 11, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
Dec 22, 2007 | SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
Oct 04, 2007 | SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
Apr 23, 2007 | SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
Jan 03, 2007 | SanDisk Sansa m240 MP3 Player
381 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!