Question about Kenmore Drop-In Bobbin 16231 Mechanical Sewing Machine
Here are several solutions to try.
- Re-thread your machine. It may be threaded incorrectly (backwards).
- Raise your feed dogs if your machine has this feature.
- When you start to sew a seam, hold the upper and bobbin thread tails. Hold them back and out of the way as you sew your first couple of stitches. This will keep them from getting caught in your machine.
- Reinsert your needle and make sure it goes all the way into the holder and that it’s positioned correctly – usually with the flat side away from the bobbin, but consult your machine’s manual to be sure.
- Change your needle, it may be blunt, bent, or otherwise damaged.
- Your fabric may require a different needle. Generally, heavier fabrics require larger needles and thinner fabrics, smaller needles. You may also need a larger needle if you’re sewing through many layers of fabric. And make sure to use a ballpoint needle for knit fabrics and a sharp needle for woven (or a universal needle for either). Make sure your needle is appropriate for the type of thread you’re using.
- Adjust the pressure of your pressure foot. It may be too light for your fabric.
- Change your thread. If your upper thread and bobbin threads are different types, try using the same thread for both. And use a good quality, brand name thread.
- Adjust your thread tension, It may be too tight or too loose.
- Change your needle plate. Try switching to a needle plate with a smaller hole (a straight stitch needle plate).
Important Note: After changing your needle plate, check to make sure your needle aligns perfectly with the smaller hole before starting to sew. A misaligned needle could hit the plate and break, which could be dangerous. And make sure to change your needle plate back for zigzag and other wide stitches.
I hope these solutions help you.
Posted on Sep 24, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 28, 2014 | Sewing Machines
Mar 13, 2014 | Kenmore 15516 Mechanical Sewing Machine
Sep 08, 2012 | Sewing Machines
Sep 13, 2017 | Sewing Machines
Jan 19, 2011 | Kenmore Sewing Machines
Nov 03, 2017 | Kenmore Sewing Machines
Jun 27, 2009 | Kenmore Sewing Machines
May 08, 2017 | Kenmore 19233 Computerized Sewing Machine
May 03, 2014 | Kenmore Drop-In Bobbin 16231 Mechanical...
1,075 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: