Question about HP LaserJet 4600dn Color Printer
HP color laserjet 4600 dn printer How do I set it up to feed from tay 2 instead of tray one which is for manual feed. Right now, it always defaults to tray 1 and you have to double clikc the check button to accept feeding from tray 2.
From the control panel of the printer, do the following:
1. arrow down once to highlight the 2nd item: "paper handling".
2. press the check button (turquoise color) to select this option.
3. arrow down 2x's until you highlight the "tray 2 size".
4. hit the check button to select this item.
5. You should see a size that is "letter" and there should be a ' * ' asterisk which means that is the default setting. If you see other paper sizes as well, then arrow up or arrow down to highlight the preferred size, and then press the check button to insert the asterisk ' * ' which will set that as the default.
6. you change the paper type as well as paper size for the other trays in the same fashion. Most HP printers will select paper according to the SIZE as well as the TYPE. The printer can "sense" the paper size in the paper cassette tray by the stops that hold the paper. Therefore the printer will choose that paper based upon the SIZE and what you define as its type.
Posted on Feb 19, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 12, 2013 | HP LaserJet P3005n Printer
Sep 12, 2011 | HP LaserJet 4600dn Color Printer
Mar 22, 2011 | HP LaserJet 4600dn Color Printer
Sep 09, 2009 | HP LaserJet 4600dn Color Printer
Mar 12, 2009 | HP LaserJet 4650 Color Printer
Feb 25, 2009 | HP LaserJet 4250n Printer
May 01, 2008 | Xerox Phaser 8500/DN Printer
Mar 28, 2008 | HP LaserJet 4250n Printer
918 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!