I have a pearl mp3 player. about a day ago, the files were corrupted and i erased them. i put new files on the mp3 player. i bought new batteries. when i went to turn the player on it does not turn on. it lights up and than shuts off. but when i hook it up to the computer it opens and shows all the files. why is this? and what can i do about it?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Some DRM-encrypted files have a fixed time limit for how long you can use/play a song. after the time period has lapsed, they will show up as "Error - File Format..." (this is only one possibility)
Go ahead and do this, in case the DB is corrupted:
Format - Erases Everything: Connect your Sansa player to the computer and open Windows Media Player. Click on the Sync tab. Pull down the drop down menu underneath the Sync tab by moving your cursor over the Sync tab and left clicking on the little black arrow underneath the Sync tab. Highlight "Sansa 1GB" (wording may vary slightly), and then select "Format." - this should erase everything.
Firmware Upgrade- Erases Everything: Get the latest firmware upgrade from Sansa - it updates the firmware and erases every song in the player all at once. Note: this method doesn't work if already have the latest firmware. Go to this website and click "Firmware Updater" to find out: http://www.sandisk.com/Retail/DriverDownloads.aspx
Have you tried formatting the player as if it were a drive? Hit the windows start button at lower left of screen, then my computer. The Pearl should show up as a drive , would maybe look something like the following: Pearl:F or RCA:H. Right click with mouse and format drive/player should be an option. That should do the trick. However, you may want to consult your manual for formatting instructions as this can sometimes corrupt the player if not formatted correctly.
Was the player disconnected before disabling it correctly? In the bottom right in the system tray the usb icon with a green arrow is able to be right clicked and select "Safely Remove Hardware" to safely remove most players. I personally got frustrated, forgot to do this and removed my Pearl hastily. After that it has yet to function properly. The system is corrupted and no files register even though there are still 967 mb worth of music on the player. So this is not a solution but rather a probable cause to the problem. I have yet to find a fix for this except to dispose of the player responsibly and purchase a new one.
There are two possibilities - corrupt DB or songs in wrong format.
If it is a corrupt DB, then go to RCA's website for the latest firmware upgrade.
Make sure the songs are in the correct format. Make sure the songs are not AAC, WAV, streaming, or some other non-supported format
Mp3 players are more complicated than ever. This player may only accept DRM-encrypted WMA files. I would first check the songs that you have downloaded to make sure they did not have "temporary" licenses with a fixed end date. You can do this by right clicking on an individual song, clicking on properties, and selecting the "license," "digital rights mgmt" or "media usage rights" tab - the wording varies by configuration. It will give you info on the license. If the song says that it has no license, it will not work with this player. One remedy is to use mp3 converter software to convert all of those wma files to Mp3's - I don't know of any free ones, but you can certainly look for free Mp3 Converters. Another remedy on unlicensed songs is to hit the "acquire license" link in the license tab, if one exists.
-Tha Mp3 Doctor
had the same prob with th1100 (512 mb ver) went to rca site, downloaded firmware upgrade. ran it 3 times with no result. finally checked the box "format data area" worked like a charm. hope this helps.
File allocation table on your player is corrupt. try to use the following method to transfer files from your player to your c drive... else... all is gone...
You can use Windows Explorer to transfer files to and from your insignia sport player. First, in the settings on your player, go to Settings, USB Mode, Connection Type and select File & Folder. Then, plug your player in to your USB cable. Windows XP should automatically find your player and make a new drive letter in Windows Explorer. Simply drag and drop your files to/from your c drive to the new drive for your player. You'll notice that when you use Windows explorer to delete the files on your new drive for your player that it doesnt remove them from your Music Library on your player. You'll need to use your player (settings, system, erase internal) to erase internal (and external), but after that when you add new files, they will be added to the player when it does the profiling after you disconnect the USB cable. Dave@OgleServices.com